Kirk Hammett

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Fendersurrender
Newcomer

Bak to the Hammett subject, he sure inspired many ppl to pick up the guitar including me, and although he's not a technical and theoretical virtuoso and also lacks a lil bit of groove and feel in my opinion, you could still pick out his playing even you had 100 guitarists playing together, there's something about his style and sound that's really unique. So........i say he ROCKS.
Christophar

Kirk plays guitar the way he wants to as everyone should.

Im sure he would be way better if he grew up in our era of guitar but he diddnt.

Back in "the day" he was considered to be one of the best players around town.

That was a long time ago.

In about fourty years our children (who we will all force to pratice guitar untill they throw up) will be sitting on the Chaco Mackavich (fictional future super virtuoso) and some guy will make a thread about everyones oppinion on steve vai and what we think of his playing style.

And I bet you the majority of the people there will insult vai because hes not nearly as good as Chaco Mackavich and he dosent put nearly as much emotion into his music.

Im starting to have seconed thoughts about everything I just said but im
gonna post it anyways.

PS

Chaco Mackavich rules!!!!!!!!
burnt out

I'm ashamed of this generation of guitarists who put down Angus Young and Kirk Hammet while they praise Prince!

You kids need to go to ROCK SCHOOL but not that weenie-ish Jack Black one.
Little_Dreamer

I suck
you suck
everybody says we suck
I don't care bout this no more........
Am I the only one who thinks that everybody who really plays a musicial instrument plays emotional???????????
Since when does Kirk Hammet suck because some guy on an internet forum doesn't get emotions out of his playing?
There's so much good music out there why do you listen to something if you don't like it?

I personally prefer C G Am F to E G F#F because it's more melodic and I don't really get the point of putting chromatic exercices together and call it riffs, but that's up to you...
BTW did anyone listen to the new Santana album??????? Listen to this first before you say popular music is shit :wink: and also you will hear some great soloing by Mr. Kirk Hammet on that CD...
Santana, he doesn't play with emotion he always plays as fast as he can, here a Bend, there some tremolo picking and his music sucks because he doesn't play metal and on the life CD he made a mistake in Bar 28 and he sucks because he doesn't play technically as good as this guy playing 34 nps :lol: and if he would have grown up in our Shred generation he would play 'better'
Isn't this as silly as bashing Kirk Hammet for playing the way he does?????
alienillusions
Banned

Speaking of silly....this thread is silly! Don' t be so anal...
1118916GB

first off, Santana is a fucking good guitarist. he doesn't shred; he plays with all soul. U disagree then you dont know fucking shit about guitar. you are a pathetic guitarist who doesnt know shit about music. Seriously.

Also, Kirk in that Santana CD isn't impressive. I was disappointed that Kirk didn't stand out. I was waiting to say "Maybe he will be melodic in here". Sorry but it proves that Kirk isn't that big of a deal. Not worth wastin my time idolizing
1118916GB

oh I get it. I guess u are right
alienillusions
Banned

1118916GB wrote:first off, Santana is a fucking good guitarist. he doesn't shred; he plays with all soul. U disagree then you dont know fucking shit about guitar. you are a pathetic guitarist who doesnt know shit about music. Seriously.

Also, Kirk in that Santana CD isn't impressive. I was disappointed that Kirk didn't stand out. I was waiting to say "Maybe he will be melodic in here". Sorry but it proves that Kirk isn't that big of a deal. Not worth wastin my time idolizing
People who don't know shit about guitar make ignorant biased posts like yours..(see above)
1118916GB

alienillusions wrote:
1118916GB wrote:first off, Santana is a fucking good guitarist. he doesn't shred; he plays with all soul. U disagree then you dont know fucking shit about guitar. you are a pathetic guitarist who doesnt know shit about music. Seriously.

People who don't know shit about guitar make ignorant biased posts like yours..(see above)
People who suck and wouldn't know good music if it bit them in the ass and disagree with me make posts like above. Good musicians know what I am talking about
alienillusions
Banned

1118916GB wrote:
alienillusions wrote:

People who suck and wouldn't know good music if it bit them in the ass and disagree with me make posts like above. Good musicians know what I am talking about
You make no sense and you are more than illogical and juvenile in your approach...So, you think your opinion is better than everyone else's eh? It's that kind of arrogant elitist attitude that will make people not want to jam with you, kiddo....especially good musicians... :roll: here's a quote from yourself in the gear section: " I want a combo because half stacks are too big and I'm not gonna be gigging." Well, you know a lot about guitar from all the bedroom playing you've been doing, don't ya? I'd suggest maybe changing your attitude around if you ever want to play out...
1118916GB

god damn it.
alienillusions
Banned

1118916GB wrote:god damn it.
You just proved my point...another well thought out, intelligent answer..Bravo!
1118916GB

Whatever I don't care anymore about how Kirk plays. I just don't think he's that big of a deal. But hey I'm just puttin my opinion in this forum even though no one seems to agree with me.
barhouston

(Geez. I left for awhile and this got kind of crazy. :shock: :) )
RAI

barhouston wrote:(Geez. I left for awhile and this got kind of crazy. :shock: :) )
Yeah, it started out being quite civil, and then things just went to h*ll...
Sad, but true.
:wink: