Intresting questions

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Thereasonulive

What make you want to play music?
What makes a good song?
Why do we play?
Why do we need play?
What makes music so intresting to us?
Proview

1) I want to make people feel the same as I do when I'm listening to DT or Vai.
2) Rhythm.
3) To get chicks. What else?
4) Ernie Ball puts something in those strings that causes addiction to guitars.
5) Music is a universal language.
wadso_

1. I love music and want to share my love with everyone! I'm also sure that it makes me grow as a person.

2. I think melody, passion and expressing emotions are important parts of a good song, but a really good song contains everything, not just these three elements.

3. Because we love it, it is a way to express ourselves and of course to get laid 8)

4. Because.. Well I don't really know, but I guess you get addicted to everything you like and do a lot.

5. As Proview said; Music is an universal language. It's true, everyone can get affected by music, regardless who they are and where they come from. It is also a form of art, maybe the highest form of art according to me. For example, when you're playing a show, it's an experience for all senses, when you're watching a painting or maybe reading a book, it's not the same thing. Music rules 8)
Alex Smith

I don't know the answers to any of those questions, and I'd prefer it to knowing the answers.
wholetone

why question your artistic abiltites. Just "go for it" Jiboom !!!
ancient astronaut
Newcomer

1) I'm obsessive compulsive with a strong need to make my life more meaningful by tapping into something inside myself that transcends the three dimensions we seemingly live in.

2) A good song is good when it makes you feel something ineffable. A good song can make you cry, laugh, or feel inspired. It embodies the genuine quality of self expression that the artist has and therefore has an emotional affect on the listener.

3)Not sure why we play. I play because I seek GOD and this for me is a compulsion.

4) Music is interesting because it is as wide and varied as people(the creators of the music) are, but at the same time there is something universal and common about it. It can transcend language and cultural differences and be experienced by all because if its innate human expression of emotions coming from the creator.
null_is_one

What makes a good song?
Why do we play?
Why do we need play?
1. i was born wanting to play the guitar
3.we are alive
4.we are still living, yet we do not understand / or we understand and wish to propagate message of understanding
5.it is a universal force beyond our comprehension
ancient astronaut
Newcomer

^^^^
Number 4 above results in an epiphany. I believe there are many subjective realities but only one universal truth. I think you hit the one universal truth about why we play on the head and summed it up in a few words spectacularly. I think Steve Vai understands...and we are all trying to understand or are understanding, not just on the guitar btw. To share with others a deeply felt understanding, or the experience of the journey to understanding of ones place in the universe, and expressing that through an instrument is what it is all about I believe. I think thats why we like Steve Vai so much. He has set an example of what is possible and related it to us through his music.
burnt out

I like music.

What makes a good song?

That's a good question.

alternate answer = rhythm,harmony and a good melody and good lyrics help if there's vocals and if there are vocals then good vocals are HUGE!

Why do we play?

Something to do with liking music.

Why do we need play?

To get better with the hope of one day being able to make good music,or better music than what we are currently capable of.

When a song is interesting,I find that interesting.
MR4Y

many factors, but to the most posers is 15 minutes of fame in somewhere. the reason of make me to play music is the ability to decribe feelings and this kind of thing in music.

What makes a good song?
talent, feeling, originality, good licks and chops, good sounding, I don't know, there are tons of things taht make a good music

Why do we play?
to prove yourself that we're can do more that the normal people?

Why do we need play?
maybe if we didn't play, we wanna die?

many factors, but the more right answer is "the taste of people"
Leftymonster

because i feel good when i play
What makes a good song?
the song that feels good
Why do we play?
because we feel good
Why do we need play?
because we need to feel good
good feeling

Take care
...and feel good
NeeWhan

Five questions...One answer...the cellebration! :lol:
null_is_one

hi, a. a.
i am happy to provoke such a response.
i have also experienced similar realizations while reading the "real illusions" album art thread.
more specifically, in thinking about how a reflection is a real illusion, and how if we are reflection, what is it that casts the reflection.

peace,
null
NeeWhan

Since you asked...simple, every~day awareness is formless in order to see form (out there) as a body.

Looking 'through' a void, we light up a world of form, which is just our selves objectified.

It's not necessarily what you're looking at, it's what's looking 'through'!

Everything simply becomes a reflection of Unity or Oneness.

And it has an amazing effect on what comes through musically because it 'taps' into the source rather than any 'superficiality' we call objects.

This is why music, down through the millenia, has always had a magickal, substanceless wonder about it that whispers of our own source.

It IS,

NeeWhan :D
burnt out

confuscious say...

If thou smoketh a big enough crack hit,then you shall attain cosmic
intergalactic oneness and total spiritual creaminess!

8)