VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vai has no feel
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:01 am 

guyver_dio wrote:
It's the only major thread on the subject, granted a fairly pointless argument (you either like vai or you don't) but I don't think it should be deleted just because it offends your opinion.

Nope, vai has feel, let's censor all those who oppose it.

It doesnt offend me at all...its just as you say pointless...but yeah if your into healthy pointless debates then go right ahead... knock yourself out !!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:13 pm 
Newcomer

Everyone has his own way to feel.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:41 am 
Newcomer

Ohh and blues is soooo hard to play. Only someone arrogant without talent could say something like that. Promoting themselves as better than real guitarists

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:13 pm 

Wow, I just an email about replies to this 5 year old thread! I guess that the topic is so ridiculous people can't put it down. Vai has all the feel in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:58 am 

let's just say vai has feel but not what I want to feel. However, this could be said about mike patton so...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:42 am 

In my point of view, Vai knows the axe as few others, and if you mean that a person literally "plays with the instrument", knowlingly, or better saying, with awareness of the facts, Steve Vai is one of the greats, and this is feeling. The thing that I most perceive in his playing is that he can REALY extract what he wants from the guitar, and in my understanding this is feeling. Furthermore, that capacity, from him that I captured at first sight on Steve's music, or playing. An example, "Viv Woman" solo. That has a lot of feeling (guitar screaming, crying, laughing and spanking).
One thing more, taste and butt each one has their own. We might respect others liking.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:12 pm 
Banned

I would change Music teachers ,weather you like vai or not any idiot can see that he knows how to play, hence us all being here at his bloody web site .you will probably find your music teacher is a little jelous of steve vai I know I am

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:36 pm 

I'm noticing a trend brother.. :oops:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:33 am 

Big Bad Bill wrote:
Afterwards, of course. I'm not worthy to drink the dirt that he's washed of his body into the bath water, never mind suggest I can play guitar anywhere approaching his standard and yet I can still jam!

Friend, Steve dosent get dirty. He has a protective coating of lava over his body, so all the dirt that would go on him, bounces off and lands on EVO. Now evos bathwater I wouldn't dare to drink.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:53 pm 

JUST BROWSING WHEN I CAME ACROSS THIS THREAD.... DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO REPLY... i HAVE 12 STUDENTS i PRIVATELY TEACH. 2 HAVE GONE TO START THERE OWN BANDS AND ARE DOING VERY WELL IN OUR LOCAL AREA. i WOULD NEVER, EVER TELL ANY STUDENT THAT.

STEVE VAI,

A PROFESSIONAL; PLAYER WITH A TEACHING CREDIT AT BERKLEY!!!! HAS NO FEELING IN HIS PLAYING?????? THAT TEACHER BETTER JUST GET A JANITORS JOB, CAUSE HE NEEDS TO CLEAN UP HIS ACT AND CLEAN OUT HIS EARS!!!!!! sorry that hit a nerve ........

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:53 pm 

JUST BROWSING WHEN I CAME ACROSS THIS THREAD.... DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO REPLY... i HAVE 12 STUDENTS i PRIVATELY TEACH. 2 HAVE GONE TO START THERE OWN BANDS AND ARE DOING VERY WELL IN OUR LOCAL AREA. i WOULD NEVER, EVER TELL ANY STUDENT THAT.

STEVE VAI,

A PROFESSIONAL; PLAYER WITH A TEACHING CREDIT AT BERKLEY!!!! HAS NO FEELING IN HIS PLAYING?????? THAT TEACHER BETTER JUST GET A JANITORS JOB, CAUSE HE NEEDS TO CLEAN UP HIS ACT AND CLEAN OUT HIS EARS!!!!!! sorry that hit a nerve ........

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:08 pm 
Banned

its funny that alot of people that cant or just dont play fast think that fast players have no feel is ridiculous really,..There are blues players that play slow with the thought that fast players have no feel ,..and generally when you see those types play its well yeah cant play blues real well either ,..ive meet those types ,..

oh and some body earlier in this thread mentioned schmuck,..I remember him He could actually play really well,,..!!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:41 pm 
Banned

Axl Philip wrote:
Ohh and blues is soooo hard to play. Only someone arrogant without talent could say something like that. Promoting themselves as better than real guitarists

well mate there is blues and then there is blues,..I love a good blues player ,..and a good blues player would respect any other good players from other genres ,..and I know some great blues players that I go out at night to watch play from time to time ,..Its sometimes nice to go out for a walk drop in to a bar and listen to a good blues band for a while ,..get smashed then wonder home ,..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:34 am 
Newcomer

Lack of feel? What is that even meant to mean....any guitar teacher that says that or any guitarist for that matter is an idiot.

It's about GOOD music. That's all its about. Nothing more.

Nile Rodgers can't shred at all, but he is probably in my opinion one of the best guitarists to walk the earth.

The guitar is a lifeless tool used by people to create noise from peoples imaginations, weather it be happy, sad, angry - whatever. If i showed a guitar teacher some galaxy 2 galaxy or some house / techno most of them would be like "this is so easy" yet completely miss the point of it. Music is not about how hard / fast / soulful you play, its about playing the music you like, and having your own sound.

Steve does that. Guitar teachers need to encourage listening to music instead of getting hung up on technicalities and wailing about on a fretboard, show someone enough music they like and they'll drive / inspire themselves to do what they want to do musically and then technically, not them.

Records teach you more than what any guitar teacher can ever. A good one will just set you up on the right path.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:32 pm 
Newcomer

I can see the passion in Mr. Vai's playing. I see the emotion when I watch him play for the Love of God. Not knocking the teacher, but he should respect what Steve has done for the music industry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next