Vai has no feel

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Splish

Lotus Eater wrote:Most of the time people are just bashing an artist for not creating music in a scope that they can fully comprehend. There is always some other level of expression that is either more or less informative than whatever example you start with. The level of conciousness exuded by some is dwarfed by the deluge of others. Perhaps you should ask yourself why you don't understand the complexities or simplicities of certain artists' projects. Stop blaming them for your lack of amusement. If you want a continued debate about Clapton and Beck VS Vai or Yngwie, I know a 9 year old girl that will argue "Jewel" can rally them all. It's all relative. Let our taste govern what we enjoy to listen to, not our ignorance.

The lack of tolerance around us is utterly astounding.
:)

True words of wisdom...

Splish
Lotus Eater

:) Thanks splish
They are just words though.
The wisdom is in the meaning You give them.

-later
Benjammin105

Vai has more feel on the guitar than anyone I've ever heard.
Splish

Lotus Eater wrote::) Thanks splish
They are just words though.
The wisdom is in the meaning You give them.

-later
Man, I wish i could speak such words of wisdom :)

Thanks Lotus, you made me think :)

Splish
the.hell.raiser

No feel! No phrasing! What a crazy teacher. Vai's music is like a religion to him. I've heard he fasted for like a week on PAW. That's what I call a determined musician. He has loads of feel and technique, more than any other artist I know of.
vaibajez

im f***in outraged that a guitar would say that, if they dont like him then thats there opinion but weather he has feel or not is not and opinion is it? its true or not and he has an emense amount of feel and can express himself in a way not many other gutyarists "with feel" can, i bet he plays a strat. steve plays exactly wat notes he wants to play not because they impress people either, infact steve is a shredda but there not many songs were steve just rattles on veryy fast for ages, its not like yngwie malmsteen, were its constant shreddin, but still i think he pays with feel too, people are just 'feelin' diffrent things and wen there good enough to epress themselfs with any note they like in any fashion, everyones guna be difrent.
Balkan
Newcomer

lol @ topic
spanishphrygian

quiksilver98

Where do you live, I am going to hunt that teacher down and murder him with a banana. How dare he say vai is crap. What a critic...
Janitor

well that is one opinon and everyone has an opinon, and no nobady has ever said he has sucked and i do belive he does play with soul because in videos and records iv watched i am pretty shure he has said he has to play teh song over and over till it second nature and tehn he can acualy play the song the way he likes to play (into the song and feeling the song)
joestevevai

y would clapton invite him to the crossroads concert if he had no feel.
The Wolf

isn't this thread gone yet?
Jay3

Yeah Wolf I'm pretty suprised myself. . . Everyone has there own opinions about guitar players and music, that's just the way it is. In my opinion it's ridiculous that anyone, especially a guitar instructor, would tell his student Vai has no feel . . :shock:
Tao-RG

its the question if you feel woth him or it is to complicated to feel with ;
but for me that are very strange but beautifull feelings
<Mike>

*sigh* to this topic.