Weird sounds

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Js1000btb-JEM7V
Newcomer

Guys some1 can give me a link or something else that helps me for so werid sounds?Like the one that did steve in Attitude song,in the G3 with Eric Johnson???I'll explain me better.
Near the end of the song,he do a weird sound like a growling cat Meowh!
Someone can explain me how to do it?U can post also a tab for this.
Thx a lot!!!

Shred On :guitar
Yorksha_Pud

Thereasonulive

heres a cool trick : rapidly press the strings between the strings with the left hand while raising the whammy bar, sounds like a ufo taking off!
Thereasonulive

heres a cool trick : rapidly press the strings between the strings with the left hand while raising the whammy bar with the right hand, sounds like a ufo taking off!
huckmonkey90

on a guitar where pickups are uncovered and in good position (this works on my strat fairly well): use the neck pickup coils as frets to get extreme high notes or press the strings against the middle pickup all at once to get cool spacey sounds (use tons of delay, phaser, whatever else)
Ibanez4life
Newcomer

Here's one,

If you've got a stack or any other loud high-gain amplifier, turn the master volume very high and stand with your guitar very near the speakers and you will get A LOT of feedback, just like the sounds in the beginning of Flying in a Blue Dream by Joe Satriani.
Thereasonulive

also try bending high e string notes off the board back and forth quickly
guitar_man_6

huckmonkey90 wrote:on a guitar where pickups are uncovered and in good position (this works on my strat fairly well): use the neck pickup coils as frets to get extreme high notes or press the strings against the middle pickup all at once to get cool spacey sounds (use tons of delay, phaser, whatever else)
I believe Steve does that in Eugene's Trick Bag...
Thereasonulive

actually he pulls back on the whammy bar
precario

Thereasonulive wrote:heres a cool trick : rapidly press the strings between the strings with the left hand while raising the whammy bar with the right hand, sounds like a ufo taking off!
What does "press the strings between the strings" means ?
SBarrett

precario wrote:
Thereasonulive wrote:heres a cool trick : rapidly press the strings between the strings with the left hand while raising the whammy bar with the right hand, sounds like a ufo taking off!
What does "press the strings between the strings" means ?
Acutally, I think he meant to say rapidly press the strings between the pickups. It's very cool! I found out about it on the Mr. Fastfinger flash website. It works well when you press the whammy bar down and raise it while you tap that string, hitting the pickup edges.
guitar_man_6

Thereasonulive wrote:actually he pulls back on the whammy bar
No, he frets the pickup on the last note...
Thereasonulive

okey dokey whatever works
Ugur Dariveren

Can u help me Blue Powder 0:45 - 0:50 between weird sounds?
johny

werehere wrote:Can u help me Blue Powder 0:45 - 0:50 between weird sounds?
Here's how he does it, and this is Steve Vai's own words:
5. With the nail of the second finger on your left hand, pull the B string off the neck towards the floor. Now pull it around the neck. You should get a pretty funny "squeak". This is caused by the string fretting out on the frets and the pickups. This effect also works well with the G string. It's not hard to ruin your nail, though.

:headbang