What picks do you use?

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
stingvay
Newcomer

For fast runs and tremolo picking i like to use Dunlop big stubby picks because they have a rounder edge and i can get a better grip with them.This pick is like 3mm thick and my band mate and fellow guitarist uses dunlop jazz 3 picks (which are half the size) and thinks im insane for using such a large pick for shredding. so does any one out there use big stubbies for fast playing? if so let me know, and if not what picks do you use and what are their unique qualities? thanks :)
another virtuoso

i'v got a .88 M/H green fender pick and have had it for several months. several months you say? yes, i cant afford to lose it or discard it becuase i cant find any others that size.
i found it in the amp room of my guitar place long time ago. unfortunaly it is barely hanging on for dear life, im gonna have to find another one quick!
Y do i use it? it bends just enough without being to much when i use it. i find the mediums to light and the heavys a bit to heavy. its comfortable holding. its in more of a circle shape than a normal pick with the edge sticking WAY out there.

bottom line: if you find some Fender .88 M/H picks, ship 'em my way.
phoenix2874

I use the jazzIII`s. Just got used to them and have been using them for a long time.
For what it`s worth, I`ve borrowed the bigger stubby`s from Andy Timmons before, and he seems to like them OK.
Knyq

i use Jazz III XL's. best pick ever.

edit: the black ones
Luan

I'm still not sure about what pick should I use, because I got 2 cool looking picks that I think are heavy picks, I started to use them a lot but now i discovered the extra heavy, I like the fender ones.
They are very hard and I like the sound of them on an acustic guitar, and it is nice for me for the technique.
shyboy12

Dunlop Jazz III and the Stubby picks. Yep, and I also used them for shredding for a while. They're very good but I'm moving onto the Jazz III picks now because they have better grip.
ultrazone_seeker

George Dennis 1.3mm Sharp picks. :wink: only problem is when the point wears off, but oh well, i've got a few spares still.
fyrie

Cymbolic heavy's. This pick is made out of cymbal metal. It rules :).
precario

I just use one pick, the Fender medium, with the chape a modified by me.
Knyq

fyrie wrote:Cymbolic heavy's. This pick is made out of cymbal metal. It rules :).

i think i have one of those. its really thick. like 2-3 mm. and it seems much thicker cuz its made of metal.
thelordofcheesecake

Dunlop Jazz IIIs - although I can't decide whether I prefer black or red.
SBarrett

It seems that many people are going with Jazz III. It's a good thing that I got some Jim Dunlop Jazz III and Jazz III XL picks on Friday. :wink: I keep hearing about them and after testing them, they play pretty good. Better that my other picks.
I got 2 XL ones (black) and 1 regular (smaller and red). What are the contrasts in the Jazz III XL and the regular ones? I can't tell really. The red one is smaller and I'm very surprised how it has great grip. :o Are there advantages between them?

I also have the Dunlop 3.0 mm Big Stubby. It plays pretty good as well.
Cheers.
-Sean
JimmyRare
Newcomer

Jim Dunlop U.S.A Jazz III Black
Knyq

SBarrett wrote: What are the contrasts in the Jazz III XL and the regular ones? I can't tell really. The red one is smaller and I'm very surprised how it has great grip. :o Are there advantages between them?

-Sean
the XL's are a bit bigger, more like a standard size pick. thats the only difference between them.
Kaiern
Newcomer

Jazz III all the way =)