Vai Instructional Video

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
MikeM

At the EVO premium experience in Tampa, Vai was asking us our opinions on stuff that we would like to see come out on DVD...Among them were a DVD for Fire Strings, and also the Real Illusions tour (im sure there will definetly be a dvd for this one). This most interesting thing, however, was that Vai mentioned he was thinking of doing an instructional video sometime in the near future...Has anyone heard about this, did he mention it in any of the other EVO experiences??? An instructional DVD by Vai would be unbelievable....hopefully he will do one!!!!
alienillusions
Banned

I have heard rumours here and there. That would sell zillions of copies! I'd be calling off work A LOT!!! :D
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Steve didn't say he would do one in the "near future" - but if he did do something like an instructional video it would be more like his "Martian Love Secrets" columns, and not like a "you put your finger here and here" type videos.

Mikey
vai.com
frostie

Like the freak show excess video from Guitarist magazine?
Balex the Shizzle

that would be cool though, id probably prefer to have vais take on an instructional video over a normal 'finger here, finger there' video as there are plenty of them about already
Big Bad Bill

An instructional DVD would be a great idea since there is nothing like it available-at all. There's one that basically transcribes DLR era tracks but not something that gets into the heart of 'what makes a piece sound like Steve Vai' and I'm sure the demand would be great-even from non-Vai fans. There's a letter from somebody who has no affinity for Steve's music in this months Guitarist who says that seeing Steve talk about and demonstrate his art is brilliant.

It need not be fancy or innovative (as though Steve could avoid being fancy or innovative!)-just an opportunity to see his art!
Luan

anything like that from steve is nice!
If that happens I want a copy!
miker

Ditto Luan. Ditto!

Hey Mikey, any pearls of wisdom Steve would like to convey on a DVD would be... awesome. I'd certainly be very interested in obtaining a copy.
MikeM

I would purchase anything even remotely related to an instructional vai dvd...knowing steve and his perfectionist attitude, if he did decide to releace a video of this type, it would probably be classified under "unbelievably enlightening" as opposed to "instructional"
nouromenon
Newcomer

I've got a Vai Video/Clinic from Git around the early 80's with stu hamm.
precario

That's a seminar at GIT in 1985.
frostie

Hey, any chance you could make it available for me ? :D
nouromenon
Newcomer

yah, I can make you a copy.
Lamer
Newcomer

frostie wrote:Hey, any chance you could make it available for me ? :D
And me? :D
shader