How's this for a concept?

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
dougsteele
Newcomer

www.guitarfightclub.com

Our goal is to have a GFC in every major city in the world. Also, how cool would it be to do a GFC as an opening act to the g3 tours? Where YOU get to jam in front of everybody else??!!

It's gonna happen peoples. It's just a matter of when.

D
kpxmikey89

wel this has to do with a more competitive side... u kno?
sort of liek.. guitarwar kinda
dougsteele
Newcomer

If we called it Guitar Buddies Club, it'd sound a bit gay..Bsides, I thought guitarists had attitude?

There wil be a competetive side to it, for prizes and whatnot..But the majority of GFC is just jamming over all styles of backing tracks..No one's there to judge, we're just there to play...but if you wana be a dick and show off, play over the alotted bars and be a general guitar hog, there's plenty of guys who will serve your ass to you on a plate.
dave_777

"The first rule of Guitar Fight Club..... There is no Guitar Fight Club."

Dave 8)
ElectricG

it seems like a great idea and i'd definately participate

but someone in that promo vid is a complete wanker for yelling out "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT" while someone was playing... that'd piss me off so much and i'd start more than a 'guitar fight'
wholetone

They had something like this in high school when all the ego heads wanted to show off there woodshedding skills. Unfortunately, none of these guys knew how to hold back the velocity when it came time to play with a band.
hopeless

well i really think that this is a great idea.. it doesnt only need participants.. but you need someone famous to back you up.. like vai or someone .. u know what i mean ..
davester1234

it sounds fun, and the name is cool, but it'll also turn a lot of people off i bet.

I think common consensus among guitarists is that playing is not about competing, and this name implies otherwise - even if its not meant to.
Duranium

hey doug! i've seen your videos, they're amazing! your gfc it's a very good idea! can you add me to your messenger please? soy_tomate@hotmail.com
Leftymonster

First of all i don't like the name "Guitar Fight Club" because i can smell kind of competition from it and i gotta tell you competition is the dirtiest motivation for playing the guitar. don't get me wrong i do love guitar techniques but i look it as a tool not as a goal. obviously all of you guys have a good chops and techniques but don't you think that instead of showing off it's better to put your technique to work and use it to create nice songs?

Lefty