Can anyone here play any of the Real Illusions stuff yet?

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
kirkpetrucci14

I just started learning "Building The Church".....damn this album sounds tough. So, can anyone hear play any of the songs, or parts of em'? If you can, could you post a video, or mp3 or something? Thanks :P !
BobDaNob

I was just getting ready to start on 'Freak Show Excess' today, actually. Man, this is gonna be fun!
acoates

i've started freak show excess but im really lazy, anyone got a tab for it please direct me :D
FINGERS76

I am just about done with km pee du wee
kirkpetrucci14

Awesome guys, I wanna hear some covers of these songs.......are there any backing tracks for these songs yet? I don't get how Vai got the "Building The Church" intro so clean. Is part of it the 77FP midi stuff?
R1FSR

i got Lotus Feet and K'm-Pee-Du-Wee down...im not interested in learning any of the others .
ViCtOr__
Newcomer

I need Lotus Feet transcriptions, I'm not able to get it on my own because I started playing guitar about 6 months ago :roll: , if anyone can help me...

Thanks
acoates

decided to give freak show a go anyway, have got the first bit before all the crazier stuff, up to about 46 secs in. ah well, my pc being able to slow it down has helped a lot.

have been searching for tab for most of the pieces but haven't found any yet
acoates

kirkpetrucci14 wrote:Awesome guys, I wanna hear some covers of these songs.......are there any backing tracks for these songs yet? I don't get how Vai got the "Building The Church" intro so clean. Is part of it the 77FP midi stuff?
he uses the right hand to mute any ringing strings while taping with his left hand, like satch in mystical potato head
D-SHiZNiT86
Newcomer

Theres this guy named bakerman on here that has a few tabs off the Real Illusions CD. try jbakerman.com/trans. this guy is good. don't know how he does it but he does it well. Anyway, that should help you guys out.
lydian2000

acoates wrote:
kirkpetrucci14 wrote:Awesome guys, I wanna hear some covers of these songs.......are there any backing tracks for these songs yet? I don't get how Vai got the "Building The Church" intro so clean. Is part of it the 77FP midi stuff?
he uses the right hand to mute any ringing strings while taping with his left hand, like satch in mystical potato head
Huh are you really sure, I mean have you seen the RI tour live yet? if not
I think he uses two hands to tap but thats quite diffrent from the "power cosmic/mystical potato" stuff where the right hand is placed ABOVE the tapping hand.

check out the amazing transcription by Jbakerman I 've tried it and it seems to work that way jbakerman.com/trans in pdf quality.
777plm

no actually ive been to his RI concert and when he did building the church he placed his left hand on top of the neck ( NOT LIKE SATRIANI in midnight or day at the beach where the left hand is placed normally) and then while doing that did the other tapping with his right hand while doing the other tapping with left on top of neck ( not just left hand but whole arm over the neck)
777plm

im really hoping that he does some lotus feet tabs soon. And glorious !!!!! :)
goth_fiend

im about halfway through km pee du wee and trying to find tabs for building the church, that tapping is insane!
b2

goth_fiend wrote:im about halfway through km pee du wee and trying to find tabs for building the church, that tapping is insane!
Here you will find what you search for:
http://www.jbakerman.com/trans/
The tapping is cool! Learn it and play it for your friends :D