the guitar of your dreams

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
R1FSR

i already got mine...
ImageImage
resha

man... I absolutely love that finish
surely...
I'd like to know a thing... how does the maple fretboard sound on a jem? is there a big difference between the rosewood-ebony one?
I'm thinking about all those hi frequencies... :twisted:
R1FSR

lo m8
sound wise i dont think you can tell , the difference is very minimal...but it does feel different ..hard to explain but it feels dry compared to the rosewood or ebony ones.
cho_888

dry, thats odd isnt ebony surposed to ber very dry? has it got a coat of paint or something over it or is it just maple exposed.
resha

yeah, I can imagine what you mean. I've got a LP (standard) and an american STRAT and its sound's kinda dry (clean, sharp, definite... ) compared to the LP's one; it's weird but I've realized what you mean :wink: !
shredder

my dream guitar would just have to be the 10th anniversary jem.. but i would also like a white jem with maple fretboard with scalloped frets and green vine inlay and a fernandez sustainer like vai has in his flo guitar well thats me ... ill get a jem soon though .. when i do ill have to get a legacy amp also .. now i run marshalls though :) sorry for the lengh of this post ill shut up know
shredder

my dream guitar would just have to be the 10th anniversary jem.. but i would also like a white jem with maple fretboard with scalloped frets and green vine inlay and a fernandez sustainer like vai has in his flo guitar well thats me ... ill get a jem soon though .. when i do ill have to get a legacy amp also .. now i run marshalls though :) sorry for the lengh of this post ill shut up know

yngwie can't touch this
kenny_u

LP cloud 9.

or Santana brazilian.
RoadStarII

Ibanez Jem( or RG style)
-PAF Joe in the neck HS 2 in the Middle, and an evo or breed in the bridge.
-In Sparkle ORANGE with a mirror pick gaurd and Orange pickups.
-rosewood freat board
Pi2plank

Jem77FP

&

the "Ultra Zone" guitar
ilych

this one, or something very like it. damn you, Sheehan, if only i'd got there first!

probably one neck fretless with an active boosted mid-range, and the other one set up fretted with no midrange, and masses of high and low, for extra slapping power

or maybe for added silliness, something like this

Image[/img]

twelve strings on a bass! count 'em, twelve! if i can get one of them as a fretless, that'd be the ULTIMATE bass...
V41

My dream guitar will be here in a few days. :mrgreen:

2 Ibanez M100C Hardshell Case (Hard Shell Case)

#39778 Ibanez M100C In Stock

Returnable for 45 days

1 Ibanez Steve Vai JEM7V (White)

#35568 Ibanez JEM7VWH In Stock

Returnable for 45 days

1 Ibanez JS1200: Joe Satriani Signature (Candy Apple)

#129297 Ibanez JS1200CA In Stock

Returnable for 45 days

SubTotal $2,980.00

Tax $.00

Standard Ground $.00

Total $2,980.00

The JS1200 is for my brother. The JEM is all mine...
Kaos Axiom
Newcomer

Hi there;
I already got mine too and it´s not an Ibanez. I personally don´t like Ibanez guitars (blasphemy!!!!) so after having a few guitars I decided to have one the way I really wanted it. I went to a venezuelan Luthier ( I was living back there then) with a big chunck of AAA Honduras Mahogany that had bee sitting in a friend´s wood shop slowly drying for decades and got me a solid Rosewood neck with a rosewood fretboard. An original Floyd Rose and Seymour Duncan Pick ups.

It is 7 yrs now and everyday it loks and plays better.
Now I need to get me a decent tube amp again.
Germ :twisted:
jemgirl

those two will do the job for me.

guyver_dio

My Dream Guitar would be a basic RG style body made out of basswood for less weight. A neck with a inlay similar to the tree of life but my own creation, I'm a big dio fan so maybe something like a evil-fantasy style inlay (Vines, skulls, flames, dragons etc.) and all frets scalloped. 30 frets just so you can say 'My Guitar Goes Up To 30'. The first guitar with its own range of pickups with a plugin system so pickups can be put in and out without the hassle of soldering wires and stuff. Also I love Floyd Rose tremolo's but are very hard in getting them to sit right again after restringing, you have to use blocks and strengthen the tention and stuff like that. My dream guitar would have some way of readjusting the tension automatically so that it doesnt become such a hassle. I call this guitar 'Satan's Best Friend' as I imagine the whole crowd doing this :headbang as I rip up the fretboard with my high powered solo.