Lo TRS II --> Edge Pro II On new Jem555?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Wempukkah

Does this information I got take place?

The Jem555 model's Lo TRS II tremolo was actually changed to Edge Pro II (similar like the Edge Pro in looks, quality and some specs different).
Really?
Adriano

Wempukkah

Yeah...thx.

Pretty pissed off now, I was planning to buy Jem555 but instead i bought rg2570ex because i thought the Jem had Lo TRS II :?
EVO 555

lol well i hope you enjoy your rg then
cho_888

yeah i wouldnt settle for anything less than an edge
GGGrev

cho_888 wrote:yeah i wouldnt settle for anything less than an edge
Yeah, Lo TRS and the new edge pros are just hella no...

Well Steve uses an Edge in Evo.
cho_888

the los tro use much thinner and softer metals...not a good idea
Logic

This is funny, Like battle lines in the sand. The other LoTrs thread and this one. Never the twain shall meet. :)
The LoTrs on that Jem ISN"T a bad trem!!! I have one! trem that is, not a Jem. It's fine. NEVER goes out of tune. Returns to center everytime. They do have less mass than an Edge but what happens when someone comes out with a titaneum Edge Pro 26?? does that turn the Edges now into junk? Anyway, The LoTrs works just fine and treated right you won't have any problems. At least I haven't. Beleive it or not I have heard of people having problems with Edges and original Floyd Roses as well. Throwin the baby out with the bath water. :)
GGGrev

But you can't deny that the edge is superior to the LoTRS.
Logic

GGGrev wrote:But you can't deny that the edge is superior to the LoTRS.
That's not the point.
The Edge will last longer and has more mass, giving it slightly more sustain. Sustain that will only be noticed under extreme circumstances.
There was a hmmmm.... thingy that would give you more sustain that clamped on to the head stock, I forget what it was right now but I saw Satch using one in a picture. There will always be something to improve performance. But only slightly. The point is, if someone wants a Jem and they don't have $1700.00 to get one and they say "hey" I will get a 555 because there more within my price range. The difference between the Edge and a LoTrs isn't near enough to stop them from getting one. As I said before I have a LoTrs now and its just fine. It will do everything the Edge will. And maybe more, :) I have the bar so tight that it flutters longer than anyone's I have ever seen. I admit they will not do that out of the box though.
Henrique Henriques

The body of the Edge is not as rugged as everybody thinks. The “metal” used in it to make it look big and tough is actually very cheap. The real metal that holds it together is real thin… kind of like the LoTRS… The Schaller has more real metal on it than both Edge and LOTRS…
I’ll post pics of a f..cked EDGE and you guys will see what I am talking about… I have to find it though, and that won’t be an easy task.
Wempukkah

Well I really hope the Edge Pro will be worth the frustration of me buying rg2570 instead of Jem555. :?
j.arledge

the edge pro is cool i have one in my guitar. Th edge pro 2 is not really that much different but i would guess that the edge pro is a bit better desinge or made better. as for the lo trs i have heard a lot of bad things about it and i think it was wise idea switching everything over to the edge pro or edge pro 2.
Logic

Jra2217 wrote:the edge pro is cool i have one in my guitar. Th edge pro 2 is not really that much different but i would guess that the edge pro is a bit better desinge or made better. as for the lo trs i have heard a lot of bad things about it and i think it was wise idea switching everything over to the edge pro or edge pro 2.
You haven't heard many bad things from those who own them. Just those at Jemsite. Like I said, There will always be something better, That doesn't make everything else junk. The LoTrs I have is great.
j.arledge

i have asked around and looked up gear reviews for the lo trs and it wasn't on jemsite. you can look up reviews at www.harmony-central.com.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/D ... 55-01.html

i was thinking of buying a 555 a while back and decided against it and bought my usrg30.