Jem DNA

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Post Reply
Message
Author
LooZer247
Newcomer
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:30 pm

Jem DNA

#1 Post by LooZer247 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:37 pm

Just a question that I cant seem to find a answer to anywhere??? The DNA has a 9volt battery in a compartment located on the back of the guitar... My Jem7 doesn't .... what is the difference??? I know the DNA has Breed pickups but I cant find anything about the DNA having active electronics... Can I get some help here???

Thanks, Mark...

User avatar
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2611
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:34 am
Contact:

Re: Jem DNA

#2 Post by Jeroen » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:05 pm

LooZer247 wrote:Just a question that I cant seem to find a answer to anywhere??? The DNA has a 9volt battery in a compartment located on the back of the guitar... My Jem7 doesn't .... what is the difference??? I know the DNA has Breed pickups but I cant find anything about the DNA having active electronics... Can I get some help here???

Thanks, Mark...


Did you buy this one new?
'cause normally, DNA's don't have battery compartments either.....

See:
http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/dna/dna205.jpg

Edit:
I just realized you mention your jem7.

Perhaps you mean the electronics cover? A DNA is "Back routed" which means the switchs and stuff go through the wood, whereas a 7v is 'Front routed" and which has the switches and knobs mounted into the pickguard.

LooZer247
Newcomer
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:30 pm

#3 Post by LooZer247 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:38 pm

the guitar seems stock in every way, except for the fact that there is a 9volt battery in one of the rear access panels... electronics panel I belive... the guitar was purchased off e-bay...it is #32 DNA... just wondering what that battery is for??? Looks as though it belongs there, but I dont find any information about the DNA's having active electronics, which is all I can think of the battery being for???

thanks for your help with this...

User avatar
R1FSR
Member
Member
Posts: 1851
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 3:45 am
Location: north west UK
Contact:

#4 Post by R1FSR » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:24 pm

NONE of these DNAs have a battery compartment located on the back..
http://www.ibanezrules.com/gallery_dna1.htm
more DNA pics here ...
http://www.abouttimedesigns.com/dnacontact.htm
its even got a pic of your guitar #32..
Image

Ryan Layton
Banned
Posts: 1206
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:28 pm
Location: NC
Contact:

#5 Post by Ryan Layton » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:39 pm

maybe it was put there to block the trem?

User avatar
Moderator777
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:40 pm
Location: vai.com
Contact:

#6 Post by Moderator777 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:20 pm

Ryan Layton wrote:maybe it was put there to block the trem?


Highly doubtful. Why install a 9V battery compartment to block a trem? That's insane and simply not logical when a removable piece of wood would do the job fine.

This guitar probably has/had active electronics installed post-factory which necessitates the 9V compartment.

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com

User avatar
jemgirl
Member
Member
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: netherlands noord brabant
Contact:

#7 Post by jemgirl » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:26 pm

or to install a sustainer maybe? :?



cheers,

patricia

Bono
Member
Member
Posts: 867
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:47 am
Location: Birmingham, UK

#8 Post by Bono » Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:38 am

R1FSR wrote:NONE of these DNAs have a battery compartment located on the back..
http://www.ibanezrules.com/gallery_dna1.htm
more DNA pics here ...
http://www.abouttimedesigns.com/dnacontact.htm
its even got a pic of your guitar #32..
Image


Sorry to be off topic, but that is one sick swirl...

Ryan Layton
Banned
Posts: 1206
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:28 pm
Location: NC
Contact:

#9 Post by Ryan Layton » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:39 pm

Ryan Layton wrote:
maybe it was put there to block the trem?


Highly doubtful. Why install a 9V battery compartment to block a trem? That's insane and simply not logical when a removable piece of wood would do the job fine.


oh. i was just scanning this thread and thought that maybe a 9 volt battery was just shoved in there so that the trem wouldn't move. i didn't realize that soemthign was installed in there.

Texter
Member
Member
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:41 pm
Location: Holland

#10 Post by Texter » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:45 pm

OK...your DNA is modded, which isn't a bad thing per se, except for that the guitar isn't original anymore. What does it do when you rip out the battery? Have you taken off the cover to see what's underneath? Are there any extra switches on it? Can you see DiMarzio on top of the pups, or are there colored stickers like bobbin toppers on them? Do you get the urge to salute Satan after playing for 10 minutes?\m/ :twisted: \m/

SKATECHUCK03
Newcomer
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:53 pm
Location: VACAVILLE, CA

Re: Jem DNA

#11 Post by SKATECHUCK03 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:43 pm

I know what the problem is... Your DNA is a fake. I have DNA #32 happily sitting on my wall. It has all of the authentication paperwork, and was even played by Steve during one of his tours.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

User avatar
kyle am I
Member
Member
Posts: 881
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:19 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Jem DNA

#12 Post by kyle am I » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:39 pm

SKATECHUCK03 wrote:I know what the problem is... Your DNA is a fake. I have DNA #32 happily sitting on my wall. It has all of the authentication paperwork, and was even played by Steve during one of his tours.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...
What? This thread is almost ten years old lol. I don't think anybody in this thread even goes on the board anymore. But post a picture of your certificate if you really mean it lol.

Post Reply