What do you guys think of the prestige line

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
otherfriend
Newcomer

Hi All,new to the boards and to ibanez guitars as well,I have been playing for 25 years and recently decided to buy a ibanez S-1520 sabre presatige model.I have been strict usa user my whole life and was just wondering what you guys thought of the prestige line.I myself was impresed.all except for the yellow binding on the neck I :twisted: love this guitar and want to get more Ibanezes in the future.
thanks
John
j.arledge

ibanez did make a usa line from 1994 to 96 . I bought one and it is on the way, i will get it about tuesday.

i have played a few differnt models and really liked them all. The ibanez saber 540 i think was assembled in America with parts made in Japan but i have played one of them and it was super nice as well.

the amerian made rg30

http://www.jemsite.com/usa/gallery/usrg ... /index.htm

the guitar i bought. American made rg30

http://www.gbase.com/gearlist/guitar_pi ... tar=551569
Tone Capone

Man I have a RG 1550 Prestige. The Prestige line are real quality instuments, with good hardware also. I doubt you will dissappointed at all with the Prestige line. They really put alot of love into making one. Just my 2 cents
jemgirl

nice guitars,very nice guitars, all of the prestige`s. 8)

patricia
ultrazone_seeker

well i wouldn't really know personally... although i DID get a Prestige allen key with my Universe, and i quite like that. :lol:
ultrazone_seeker

hehe, sorry, i really brought this discussion grinding to a halt with that last stupid comment. carry on.
Jason Honaker

My third Ibanez was a Rg 3120 Prestige, it took me a little while to "warm-up" to the guitar, but after I got it set up I fell in love.

Jason
markelia

What's an Ibanez Prestige? I checked their website; there's nothing listed about Prestige.
j.arledge

the prestige line are high end rg and s series guitars
http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.as ... =RGT3020FM
it doesn't exactly state that the guitar are thier prestige guitars but perstige is written on the headstock
http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=S1625FB
markelia

ah ok. I played the natural finish quilt-top S470 at my local music store the other day; it was amazing.
presence
Newcomer

I bought an S620X about 18 months ago (because they were stopping production and I was getting it cheap!), and as much as I love the guitar (and I REALLY DO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this guitar!), I think my next investment will HAVE to be a Prestige model................they're just SOOOOOOOOOOO good!
bobsbus

I own an Ibanez 2027 Prestige, the one that was on display at NAMM the year they came out. I also own 2 UVs and an AX series. The 2027 has better tone to my ears. A couple friends have neck-through Prestiges. They are awesome sounding.

bob
Paul Secondino
Newcomer

One noteworthy feature on the prestige line is that Ibanez got rid of the cost cutting scarf joint and now uses a 3 piece/continuous neck.THere is a volute where the scarf joint used to be.THis is the right way to make a neck. I have the benefit of having a luthier that used to work for the former Ibanez Custom Shop and he was the one that hipped me to the bad things that can happen with a typical scarf joint.

Aside from that, my Rg2020x and 2120x seem to have solid necks and somewhat better factory fretwork.Some of my students that buy cheaper guitars unofrtunatly end up with some lemons from time to time thanks to Guitar Center's super duper quality control.
kenny_u

I have the RG1550. There's a dead note on the 14th fret on the third string. So I went back to the dealer, and found out that ALL the RG1550s have the dead note on the 14th fret on the third string. It's ok if you play shred or if you don't go there, but I hate it when I'm on to a long long note and the thing just dies out on me.

Ibanez customer support never replied my mails.
DrGuitar
Newcomer

Getting rid of the scarfed necks was a great idea! I have a RG1570 Lefty & it plays great. It's easily as good as a Jem (after a set of DiMarzios) for a 1/3 the price.