any customizations you have on your guitar?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
ultrazone_seeker

i ask this out of interest and also because i'm considering buying a secondhand RG to "reconfigure" :wink: and i wouldn't mind a second opinion or three...
what i'm (hypothetically) considering doing:
- scrap the existing pickups and put some new ones in. i'd want a Sustainer in the neck position and probably 2 more humbuckers (i'll trust you lot to recommend some good ones... :) ) hopefully with coil taps.
- any other hardware that could do with replacing or upgrading, do so...
- definitely a new paint job and possibly even replace the pickguard if there's any others i like the look of...

anyway, let's hear what you have to say...
laficojr

i bought an rg 250 b and i put one evolution(Dimarzio)on the bridge and i change the floyd trem by a gotoh! :D
this guitar sound much better now :D
jemgirl

well ultrazone_seeker ,i have a brandnew (2 weeks old) rg1570 and i want to put a fernandes-sustainer in it but ...does my rg have enough room for a sustainer-kid like that? can somebody help me to answer that.

peace,

karwei
The Extremist

do scratches count?

But man, if your going to get an RG. Remove the Flyod Rose in it.
j.arledge

nope it will not accomadate a susatiner whitout more routing and addition of 2 new holes for the mode switchers. You would be better off just finding a used fernandes guitar with the sustainer already in it

http://www.music123.com/Fernandes-Susta ... 4658.music
jemgirl

Jra2217 wrote:nope it will not accomadate a susatiner whitout more routing and addition of 2 new holes for the mode switchers. You would be better off just finding a used fernandes guitar with the sustainer already in it

http://www.music123.com/Fernandes-Susta ... 4658.music
thanx jra2217 this is what i am looking for

karwei :wink:
SRVoodoo

The only things I've done to my 7vwh '03 so far is:

got different volume & tone knobs, took off the original strap buttons & replaced them with the dimarzio straplock &

Installed a backstop. funny thing about it is...
I shimmed the neck high enough that you can almost see the entire 24th fret-marker dots over the edge of the pickguard.
when I got the guitar, only about 1/2 of the dots were visable.

since I did that, the middle trem-spring gets hung-up on the edge of the backstop when divebombing.
One of the things I did to try to remedy this was to turn the claw upside down so that it would raise the spring a little further away from the backstop.

It worked very well for the "claw side" of the spring but the "bridge side" is still rubbing.

I've been trying to do this without having to route the cavity.
I've tried lots of things like:
covering the middle spring with a piece of tubing to try to aleviate the rubbing....it worked great. there was no more clanging when the spring hit the backstop...until the tubing started dragging & then the trem wouldn't return to zero anymore.

arrrrrrgh.
I'm just gonna have to suck it up & route the trem cavity to recess the backstop.
Logic

hmmmmmm.
Well, I have an RG 250 DX and I put Evo pickups in it. I can be heard now. Setup the action better. Now i am just waiting for the Trem to wear out so I can put a better one in. The one in there is doing just fine right now, stays in perfect tune and everything. I guess anything else you may want to do is make it look like you!

Yours in fellowship.
Passion & Warfare

I bought a Yamaha Pacifica 112 and did some modifications.
- Inbuilt octaver
- LEDs under the Pickups
- Piezo Pickups
- Toggel Switch
- Fretless 12-24

still in progress...
7string

:shock: 8)

Nice mods.

Question: Why are only frets 12-22 fretless?
What is the advantage compared to other guitars?
Passion & Warfare

12-24,... because it is really tricky to play chords on a fretless guitar. So I only did the higher frets for solo playing
7string

And is playing solo on a fretless easier than on frets?
I dunno, never played fretless.

Btw I only see 22 frets :roll:
Passion & Warfare

Oh, yeah, right... 22 frets, sorry :oops:

Its not easier, its much more difficult. You have to put your finger exactly on the fret marker to get the right intonation.
7string

Passion & Warfare wrote:Oh, yeah, right... 22 frets, sorry

Its not easier, its much more difficult. You have to put your finger exactly on the fret marker to get the right intonation.
No problem you think he is a bit longer.... :D j/k

Ehhh, can you explain what the advantage is above fretted soloing then?
Passion & Warfare

different sound.
sliding sound very cool :-)