What do you think of Jackson Guitars?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
fctionised
Newcomer

Hey guys- just wondering what you think/what are your impressions of Jackson guitars, and how do they rate with Ibanez and the like?
The Extremist

never played with a Jackson, but i hear the some models within the average price range dont have great electronics inside them and they are not reliable, but its just one opinion i heard.

Try one out, find out if you like them.
fctionised
Newcomer

Well, I've played the DX10D and I loved it! It costs about AU$1300, so yeah, just checking first, lol.
espguitarlord

I think it's wrong to say they're unreliable, although I have to admit the licenced Floyd Rose on some models is very hard to work with, as with most low end far eastern guitars. The high end models are unlikely to pose this problem, and now that Fender own the company, I very much doubt quality should be an issue.

I've used them in the past and as a comparrison, they're more ESP than they are Ibanez, if you know where I'm coming from, I'm torn between ESP and Ibanez because I can't decide which neck profile I prefer.
RickAllen

I just got a Randy Rhoads model Jackson a couple of weeks ago. I think it's a great playing guitar. The neck feels nice, the pickups sound great to me. The bridge is fine so far, but I barely use the bar. It's a little tricky to adjust to playing sitting down since it's a v-style body. But I like it. It's smaller than my Jems, which is fine by me since I'm small.
Ryan Layton
Banned

i played a fairly cheep one. it played great and didn't sound too bad but the guy who owned it said he didn't like the trem and would probably end up trading it.
The Extremist

well ill be heading to belfast soon so ill have a browse around the guitar shops and play around, although i just want to play that Jem again, do it justice this time.
Lake of desire

Plain and simple, I don't think about Jacksons.
espguitarlord

One criticism is, that they've successfully nailed the most unappealing body shape in electric guitar history:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/gear ... XT_Warrior

It's neither nothing nor something...
The Extremist

i actually dont mind that body, i thought it was one of them crap guitars designed by janick jers.
asimon

I have Three, pre 95 are excelent guitars then are crap especially since fender buy the company
GuitarStrings

I simply think that their headstocks are truely antiaesthetic...
Ibanezwizard

Hi,

I have aquired a Jackson and I know nothing of its history- besides it being the best part of 10 yrs old.

Ive only got small hands and the neck is perfect for small hands, it sounds pretty good when I put a tone zone in the bridge but im going to get a PAF pro, (heading for the DLR era tone and im not far away).

Perhaps this was a one off but i cant compain- It was given to me by a friend who got it from a studio, it feels perfect and sounds incredible. I barely touch my Ibanez now.

If I were to buy another guitar and it was between Ibanez and Jackson I would definately lean towards Jackson- they fit my small hands :)

Mark
NatiFable

I remember back when Randy Rhoads and Jackson first came out with that white pin striped model... Then they refined it to the black with brass/gold hardware that he really didn't get to play before he died <RIP>.

I've never much liked the sound or feel of Jackson guitars but whenever I see a Jackson headstock, I remember Mr. Rhoads.

peace and light
mxer

Their lower models suck.the "licenced"floyds suck. If the had more soloist types with h-s-h(and real floyds), i might be able to ignore the headstock profile.