What kind of Ibanez do you own?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
The Extremist

I own a Ibanez Roadstar 2 Series Steve Lukather Model. Its a lovely guitar and it plays amazingly. Im hoping to get a Jem Series soon enough, but this guitar will always be close to my heart, almost like Evo to Steve :D

Last edited by The Extremist on Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oohh...Vintage Ibanez...Looks stunning!
Matthew

Ibanez Joe Satrani
RickAllen

I own two of these Ibanez Jem FP's. I like the way they play a lot but wish they had fixed bridges and that the body was a little thinner and smaller. But they're great ol' guitars.

-Rick
The Extremist

I have played one Jem in my whole life and it felt perfect. It looked exactly like Vai's and i said to myself, in the Wayne's World Way

"It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine"

So hopefully everything falls through and it will be mine.
satchvai

Original 1988 Jem 77FP with satch's and vai's signatures on the back of the headstock.
Ryan Layton
Banned

rick: what kind of p-ups are in that fp? they aren't the stock ones are they?
Matthew

The bridge for sure isn't.
RickAllen

The bridge is an Edge. I don't know what kind of pickup is in the bridge position but it looks like a Dimarzio DP102XN. But that's just going on looks. I'd have to take it out to find out. I don't know what the middle pickup is either. I replaced the one that was in there because it was not loud enough. The neck pickup looks stock.I bought this guitar used about eleven years ago and don't really know much about the technical aspects. The serial number on the plate starts with 89 so I'm guessing that is the year it was made. I don't even play it now because of all the autographs on it (in case anyone cares - B.B. King, Eric Johnson, Yngwie, Satch, Vinnie Moore, and Steve Vai signed the front, and on the back of the headstock he also signed his name with a secret message.) I will be hanging it up on the wall very soon when I move into my new place. So I play the other one. It's almost the same.

-Rick
The Extremist

The Picture i posted Before Aint My Guitar...but it looks Exactly the same as my Guitar. but to prove to you i do own this guitar, my mate took a pic of me with it trying to do the pose of the Yngwie Malmsteen Collection Cover.

http://www.freewebs.com/crusheruploads/ ... 0Blues.JPG
RickAllen

Yeah that guitar looks pretty nice. I bet it plays good too.
badasstommyboy

Ibanez S1540FM Prestige

a couple of others but this is my main guitar.
NitroShredder
Newcomer

My Ibanez is a RG3120 prestige. Very nice. I named her Sydney =)
cho_888

ibanez RG570, its rot bear metalic. I love it
The Extremist

I call my guitar Luceel or Bride.

If you look back to the pic of me and my guitar, you can see my Bass which is an Ibanez Sound Gear Bass.