Ibanez Jem - 50K Celebration

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Splish

seljer wrote:
Splish wrote:http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/inven ... s/3072.jpg

What is that?!

It has the tree of life inlay on it... :?

Splish
though its not a JEM

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM06 ... -Twin.html
http://www.guitarresurrection.com/inven ... 670re.html

Paul Gilbert used one similar to that one (an original one?) for the Led Zeppelin tribute band he did
I know it's not a JEM :lol:

Gilbert did a tribute band? Cool

Splish
brentm

Splish wrote:http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/inven ... s/3072.jpg

What is that?!

It has the tree of life inlay on it... :?

Splish
It's model 2670 - the Artwood Twin - Reissue..... I guess this was made famous by Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead.
Eutow

the Vine Inlays were out before the Jem was.

;)
theollieb

Make a doubleneck and have the pyramid running across it like the tripleneck, except on the pyramid instead of the eye, make it say 50 or 50k....and a JEM handle on the top...THAT would sell!
jun_gats
Newcomer

remake the 10th anniversary with ebony freboard, lo pro edge and evo's :D
futureguitarl3g3nd
Newcomer

why dont he do a whle buch of guitars liek with old finishes like the swirls but he makes a bunch of models liek 2 different 7 strings, and expensive modle and a way cheaper model. same with a 6 string with monkey grip
an dlike 50 different color choices
slash89

So Mikey, how is the sale going? Close to 50000?

I'm desperate for a gold colored Jem :P
futureguitarl3g3nd
Newcomer

seriously cuz it might be years beofre they sell like 3000 more jems at the price and number of avalible models are out there
ageuke
Newcomer

simply make this JEM:

JEM FP2 (Floral Pattern 2)

Alder Body, Breed pups and don't overprize it like the 20th.
dongkg
Newcomer

Nice guitar. I am new here. I just bought an electric guitar called Global with that Ibanez style.

thanks.
Mr Clark

The brand is Global? I'd never heard of it so i had a look, it appears not to have a great reputation..
dongkg
Newcomer

Mr Clark wrote:The brand is Global? I'd never heard of it so i had a look, it appears not to have a great reputation..
Yes, the brand is Global. Actually, it is made in C. But, it exactlly looks like an Ibanez! Sounds great too!

I'll post the picture soon.

Thanks.
ruso
Newcomer

ageuke wrote:simply make this JEM:
I'd trade an organ for one of those!
dongkg
Newcomer

ageuke wrote:simply make this JEM:

JEM FP2 (Floral Pattern 2)

Alder Body, Breed pups and don't overprize it like the 20th.
THe design is really nice!
cdn08
Newcomer

When considering the "original" inspiration for Mr. Vai's JEM guitars, the "Green Meanie" was it! The LNG JEM's were only 777 in number. Those are truly the "icon" of the JEM line. The "backbone" so to speak, where all others were inspired from. Just as with many special 50,000 qaunity milestone or 50th anniversaries in life, there is always a special tribute to the "original", regardless of whether it is a marriage, sporting event, business start-up, or musical instrument model.

So, having shared that, it seems like the consensus and general public, including myself, would like to see a "version" of the Loch Ness Green JEM model. Maybe some pickup variations, and tremolo. The "50,000 +" milestone" could be inlayed on the MAPLE neck, and DEFINITELY GREEN PAINT finish! The green paint finish & maple neck are a MUST!!! Also, the original measurements of the neck & body of course. The knobs could be in gold or black gold, along with some other hardware in black gold to commemorate the 50,000 + theme. It could be given the monikder: JEM LNG 50kSE (for 50,000 Special Edition) :D