Ibanez Jem - 50K Celebration

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
ssj4rider

ok well then where is the place for that? i was jsut wanting to share some pics of a cool guitar. shit i was droolin over it myself. no sweat off my nose though really. i jsut get excited over jems and i know others here would dig it too. hell i got tons of pictures. i took one picture of a lochness jem on the wall of a hardrock cafe . wlel if this is not the place cna you tell me the place for it???
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dude,
Have a go at the forum rules and guidelines right here:
http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=70

That should give you all the answers and posting pointers you need.

--
Jeroen
ssj4rider

ok thank you for that link. it so doesnt apply to my case. i merely wanted to post up a pic of a bitchin DNA jem i saw at a store. whtas the problem with that.i sure as shit dont work there. the price tag isnt even visible and its jsut in a glass display. so by the guidlines in the link you sent me dude my request is totally kosher. so if and admin could let me know how i could throw the pic up that would be cool. like i said it doesnt have anything other than the guitar in the shot.
Moderator7VWH

ssj4rider wrote:ok thank you for that link. it so doesnt apply to my case.
Yes it does, particulary the part of posting on topic, posting messages filled with spelling errors and posting flamebaits.

You agreed to those rules when you signed up, so follow them or be gone.
And reading your last few posts I can assure you that you are getting on our last nerves.

Moderator7VWH
ssj4rider

ok i agree on the whoel spelling errors things but why on earth that shold piss omeone off i dont understand. i mean come on guys your honestly gonna let missplaces letters bother you??? thats pretty out there if you ask me. and flamebait what the hell ?? i admittably jsut glance over the aggreement. seriousoly forgive me if i dont agfree with everything you say. i do hink jsut cause someone misspells things is sure as heck no reason to get butt-hurt . so relax yo. still dont understand the flambait thing.ok and guess ill jstu find others who dig the picture of jems ive seen in different places. no sweat really i dont let something like this make or break my day. nwell you guys sure are an odd lot ill give you that. as for jem celebratyion thingy i think they shold sell some special edition packs. which they probably will cause theyr defiantly about makin money off us. like a dvd on the whoe lhistory and with comments form steve and all t aht shit. maye some limited picks and what not. late!
mrfastfingers

How 'bout releasing a poster of each Jem ever made? One for the LNG, one for the DNA, one for the Universe...and so on...but make 'em really kewl so ppl can collect them, maybe printing them in such a way dat put together in a specific position they form a bigger image, a pic of the new Jem specially designed for the event...something o' the sort of stuff steve likes. How 'bout dat?
mrfastfingers

Or how 'bout making a contest? We all have seen the Digital Jems pics. What if Steve started recieving kewl designs for a Jem and the most original design actually got built by Ibanez, signed by Steve and gifted to the dude who designed it?
the_west_pig

I had a thought. We all know the newest album contains a lot of synth work, and i came to see him expecting to see a lot of that floral jem with the midi pickup in use but i didnt see any. Then i was listening to some muse and it reminded me of his guitars with built in electronics, then i was thinking.
I thought the 50,000 jem should be a guitar FOR STEVE (We'd all like it but i think steve should have it, its his design after all), that is basically a JEM (i think it should be floral) that has the roland synths built into it and all his presets in it with a selector on the guitar so that he can use all his synthy sounds live. It would of course do the usual whoopass jem sounds aswell (dual output) and all his sims custom shop usuals, lasers and LEDs and such.

or

At the other end of the spectrum:
It should be just the best ever 7V there ever was. They should just set about making one as usual, but seriously stop at every single tiny little stage of production and ensure the woods are the best, worksmanship is perfect, sound is perfect, and have steve oversee the entire process. I can just tell someone is gonna read this and say "oh they do that on all jems", well i mean REALLY go for it, quadruple the man-hours on the thing, and when it comes to naming it, i think it should just be called "Jem". Just Jem, nothing more, nothing less, just an awesome guitar.
Logic

Mr. ssj4rider
I was bummed when Mr. Ryan Layton was banned and if you get banned it will be twice banned. Please stay on point. Mr. Ryan Layton stirred the pot alot and made you think then took it to far. Once you've said something the point has been made. you won't need to say it over and over again. Even if someone disagrees. Let them. Their disagreement won't delete you post. Be kewl and stay with us this time.

Sorry for the preaching all..
Logic

On the subject.
Retro is really big right now. The 50.000 should indeed go to Mr. Vai and it should be an X-ray'd CAT scan clone of EVO. Right down to coil windings switches and everything. With black hardware and Edge trem and a black volumne knob.

What do you think??
slash89

Imagine a guitar like the Ibanez JEM10
10th Anniversary, but in gold color instead of silver. I think that would have been a master-piece 8)
anton zedd

I suspect that the new Jem 20th will be a hard-tail version that looks even more asstounding than the Jem 10th, and if they wanted to make it really cool put LEDs in the neck, now I'd buy a couple for sure. I'm hoping that there will be some more hints as to how it may look sometime in the near future. But only time will tell I guess.

Regards,

Anton Zedd.
http://www.myspace.com/antonzedd
resha

I'd love it to be like this one

http://www.satriani.com/satch_frames/gu ... ke_ib.jpeg

with lots of colors and gold gold gold... really "bizantine" :o
Logic

Mr. resha
That axe would be really kewl with gold hardware.. whattya think??
hspno300
Newcomer

i think that a contest would be great and re releasing a jem of the peoples choice