Ibanez Jem - 50K Celebration

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
wadso_

I totally agree with you who said Red Lace! The Red Lace is sooo hot, I think that it would sell really well (I would buy it at least :lol: ). Or maybe make some more of those guitars with blue LED-inlays and holographic pickguard!
MR4Y

a cheaper JEM would be a good one thing (and not that crappy thing called JEM555 again). In the first aniversary of JEM they made a very beautiful guitar bu too expensive here(think about the vendors steal your money when he sell that JEM10 about 10.000 and a JEM7WH about 9.000)

of course the red lace is gorgeus, but i think they will raise up the price of course, :twisted: and this is not fair to people that not have money to afford a JEM7 either. make things to the "poor" people too. not only the rich ones, :mrgreen:
callmektulu
Newcomer

MR4Y wrote:a cheaper JEM would be a good one thing (and not that crappy thing called JEM555 again). In the first aniversary of JEM they made a very beautiful guitar bu too expensive here(think about the vendors steal your money when he sell that JEM10 about 10.000 and a JEM7WH about 9.000)

of course the red lace is gorgeus, but i think they will raise up the price of course, :twisted: and this is not fair to people that not have money to afford a JEM7 either. make things to the "poor" people too. not only the rich ones, :mrgreen:
how dare u, ive never played a JEM other than the 555 and in comparison to every other guitar its god!!! I'm certain the proper JEM's are much better but i wont stand anyone knocking the 555, it still beats pretty much every other guitar in the local guitar shop.

I'd love to see the JEM's sold with the LED pickups even a limited edition run just an idea
MR4Y

callmektulu wrote:
MR4Y wrote:a cheaper JEM would be a good one thing (and not that crappy thing called JEM555 again). In the first aniversary of JEM they made a very beautiful guitar bu too expensive here(think about the vendors steal your money when he sell that JEM10 about 10.000 and a JEM7WH about 9.000)

how dare u, ive never played a JEM other than the 555 and in comparison to every other guitar its god!!! I'm certain the proper JEM's are much better but i wont stand anyone knocking the 555, it still beats pretty much every other guitar in the local guitar shop.

I'd love to see the JEM's sold with the LED pickups even a limited edition run just an idea
play the 7VWH and you'll feel the difference to a real signature guitar to a "RG Guitar Mod" model. and of course. The cheaper JEM (and not that crap 555) is the best thing.

Updated- what about a Frank Zappa tribute guitar? here's is my conception of this thing:

Igor

you know ktulu.. if hte 555 is the best guitar in there.. stop going there cos the 555 sucks ass
MR4Y

Mikey

Some of my ideas(plus the 7FZT) for a aniversary JEM I posted on the "digital JEMs" topic in the Photo gallery section
Surrender_Shyboy85
Newcomer

A crazy idea for the 50th celebration........ how about an all gold-chrome Jem.
A one off guitar (because of the expense) which all gold harware etc and a ebony neck with scalloped frets etc....

Just a thought. It would be nice to see it though :D **stares off into space imagining it**
MR4Y

Surrender_Shyboy85 wrote:A crazy idea for the 50th celebration........ how about an all gold-chrome Jem.
A one off guitar (because of the expense) which all gold harware etc and a ebony neck with scalloped frets etc....

Just a thought. It would be nice to see it though :D **stares off into space imagining it**
i imagien the price of this guitar around 10000 bucks. what fun on this?
Gorbyrev
Newcomer

Greetings to all at vai.com, this is my first posting. What a wonderful site; many thanks Mike.
Thanks also due to Steve and the Breed for an unforgetable night in Glasgow.
There have been so many great ideas for the 50,000th JEM; here's mine.
I was praying this morning and my gaze was caught by refracted light from the back of a CD.
It would pay due honour to the history of the JEM to make a limited edition with the foils from all Steve's CDs bonded to the body and headstock of the guitar, perhaps on a black background.
It would build on the concept of the silver on black JEM.
It would follow the tradition of bonding other materials to the body, just like the floral JEMs.
It would be a worthy stage guitar; the explosion of rainbow spectra across the face of the guitar would be a wonderful sight. Indeed, light has always been such an integral part of Steve's inspiration.
It would quite literally embody the grace of Steve's God given gift to us all, his music.
Yours in grace...
MR4Y

Gorbyrev wrote:Greetings to all at vai.com, this is my first posting. What a wonderful site; many thanks Mike.
Thanks also due to Steve and the Breed for an unforgetable night in Glasgow.
There have been so many great ideas for the 50,000th JEM; here's mine.
I was praying this morning and my gaze was caught by refracted light from the back of a CD.
It would pay due honour to the history of the JEM to make a limited edition with the foils from all Steve's CDs bonded to the body and headstock of the guitar, perhaps on a black background.
It would build on the concept of the silver on black JEM.
It would follow the tradition of bonding other materials to the body, just like the floral JEMs.
It would be a worthy stage guitar; the explosion of rainbow spectra across the face of the guitar would be a wonderful sight. Indeed, light has always been such an integral part of Steve's inspiration.
It would quite literally embody the grace of Steve's God given gift to us all, his music.
Yours in grace...
this is a cool idea, but this finish could be very expensive :mrgreen: and ONLY the rich people will be able to bought the damn thing :mrgreen:
sword

Here's my 2 bits.

Colors: A Clear Jem would be cool but I'd much rather see a variety of new colors: Candy Apple Red with White Pearl P.G., Steve Vai Green (A little darker than the Green Meanie, kind of like the strat jem mentioned at the first part of this subject); another blue Jem; and maybe some variations on mirage colors sort of like the Ibanez RG line. A clear Jem would be cool if you had some lights or something inside the body (blacklights mabye) that shone thru, but don't make it just clear, give it the prism effect of diamonds or crystal in the body. :idea: Maybe even a blacklight paint finish on top of a regular solid color finish that was invisible until you turned on your Fret Light leds. Speaking of which...

Accessories: Fret led lights-It would be cool if these lights would not be limited to one certain color, but you would be able to choose green, blue, or red just by turning a dial or flipping a switch on the guitar somewhere. Although, a Vine of Life LED light would be AWESOME too! How about a built in pick holder or a compartment similar to a 9Volt battery compartment that you could easily use to keep small items like picks, extra batteries, etc.

Hardware: Enough with Black, Chrome, and Gold for hardware colors. If Sperzel can make multi-colored tuning machines: Image Image Image Image , then why not use the same concept for bridges, whammy bars, pickup covers, etc.

:idea: I think the new theme of the new line of Jems should be customization and simplicity, and by simplicity I mean not a lot of new switches and stuff. It's all about tone as well as showing off your new Jem to your friends :wink: . Yes, I know that every guitar is customizable, but why not choose what you want on it before you get it instead of spending extra money after you buy it? Sort of like Carvin Guitars. Maybe Ibanez should come out with their own catalog like Carvin has. The only place I've ever seen Ibanez in a catalog for sale is in Musician's Friend or Samash or some other multi-musical instrument catalog. Carvin Guitars are better quality and cheaper than they would be if they dealt with major dealers. As a result, Ibanez would be cheaper too because they would cut out the middle man and deal directly with the customer. I'll probably never own a Jem anyway because I can't afford one :cry: , but that doesn't mean that someone else can't reap the benefits of my ideas

If anyone wants to see a cool guitar customization, check out Reggie Wooten's (Victor Wooten's brother) Kramer guitar, it even has pickups behind the nut so that when he's tapping, you can hear both hands playing individual notes even if they're on the same string!

Anyway, that's my 2 bits. I think solid colors would look much better than murals, unless of course they use a collage all of Vai's album covers for the finish. :headbang

(¯`·._.·†§wo®Ð†·._.·´¯)
sword

P.S. Just found this cool Ibanez 10th Anniversary guitar for sale on e-bay, it's already up to $3,000.

So the question now is, how are they going to top that? :wink:

(¯`·._.·†§wo®Ð†·._.·´¯)
MR4Y

making something with PRISM paint :mrgreen: (tah so much people call the "chamaleon" color). I'll make a virtual model now:mrgreen: (no kidding)

Update- here's the damn thing :mrgreen:

guydixon
Newcomer

First off, the posts by Ricky Garcia and Gabe Nickelson are spot on, well done guys.

I'm not a Jem owner - I play an old Les Paul and a nice Strat (boo hiss I hear you say) - but I suppose I'm very lucky to have played EVO albeit briefly at an EVO experience earlier this year and I've seen the light.

Playing other peoples guitars probably feels like wearing other peoples shoes but I was surprised at how comfortable EVO felt. I was also very surprised at how the trem felt as I've never really enjoyed floating systems (so much so that I made my own! Maybe one day you'll see it - the prototype trems up trems down and stops in the middle smack in tune even with a broken string).

Anyway lets face it - the Jem is a great guitar, many guitarists out there are buying this guitar because of Steve's influence and the sounds he gets out of it. Part of that - a big part - is the way Steve has spent years working out different ways to get from one note to another using the trem, and consequently the way he sets his trem up. If you follow this to its logical conclusion the discontinued tremsetter he uses should be a part of any anniversary guitar and a while ago I came across a Hoshino Gakki (thats Ibanez) patent application for a tremsetter type device at http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Par ... 0020194977 Maybe we'll see this as part of the design?

The old guitars have served me well but I can't help thinking that a realistically priced anniversary EVO/FLO inspired model with a tremsetter and sustainer would be worth owning. Especially if each was supplied with a book/DVD of Steve in the factory following the 50,000th through production.
Ryakoth

williebee wrote:Steve could sign it and then Ibanez could give it to me!!! lol :lol:
and me, i want it in emerald green and jet black
no really i agree with the first post and the point that it should be cheaper and available in more colors