I miss my Jems and UV

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
tk777

I miss my Jems and UV

#1 Post by tk777 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:39 pm

Forgive this post but wanted to share with others to hopefully move past this...

Lately I’ve been thinking about guitars I used to own and how I got rid of them. I’d love them back but can’t afford it and don’t have any guitars to sell. I used to own a Jem7V, Jem77FP and a UV777P. But my style of playing and interests changed and I gradually sold each guitar to pay for other guitars that would inspire me and would fit the music I was playing.

The Jem7V was the hardest to sell but it made way for a beautiful shell pink Gretsch that I toured for 4 years with. It featured heavily on my bands debut album too. The Jem77FP was great but I had just signed an endorsement deal with Faith guitars and I sold it to get a Faith Signature Standard acoustic which is the most beautiful acoustic I’ve ever played/heard. And the Universe was a beast but was part exchanged against a PRS Custom 24 ‘10 Top’ that eventually was part exchanged against a Suhr Modern but that’s a story for another day.

All these guitars were just sat in their case towards the end of my time with them hence why I had to move them on but now I wish I still had them and miss them terribly.

Does anyone else have a similar story to this? Any Jems/UV’s that you regret selling?

Jeries

Re: I miss my Jems and UV

#2 Post by Jeries » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:52 am

I sold a Universe- but I don't regret selling it- I'll get another one

I owned a 20th anniversary JEM for an hour

I cash advanced on my credit card- I couldn't afford it-
and flipped it an hour later for like $2000 more than what I paid

But for like 45 min and the time it took me to get a haircut it was mine

I've regretted NOT buying an RG3120TW the times I could have but couldn't afford it- I have one now though

I've wanted a good FP but haven't come across the right one yet- someday

tk777

#3 Post by tk777 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:44 am

Jeries wrote:I sold a Universe- but I don't regret selling it- I'll get another one

I owned a 20th anniversary JEM for an hour

I cash advanced on my credit card- I couldn't afford it-
and flipped it an hour later for like $2000 more than what I paid

But for like 45 min and the time it took me to get a haircut it was mine

I've regretted NOT buying an RG3120TW the times I could have but couldn't afford it- I have one now though

I've wanted a good FP but haven't come across the right one yet- someday

My FP was a ‘97 reissue. It was absolutely immaculate. There wasn’t a hair on it anywhere.

Jeries

#4 Post by Jeries » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:47 pm

Although I perfer AANJ
I want a really early early FP

The newer ones- ha 20 years old- new- while they're a lot cleaner people complain about a few things about them and it makes them a little less used resale wise to the educated buyer

I'll find the right one someday

It took me 3 years with the cash waiting to buy the right/perfect Gibson LP