Login with a social network:

It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:37 pm 
Newcomer

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and I'm posting because I picked up a rather nice and unique Jem Jr. 555 BK that has a mirror pick guard with the vine of life etched into it. From the serial number I can deduce that it's a 1997 because the first number is a 7.( I think?) It also seems to be signed by Steve Vai himself. I am trying to find out more about the guitar as I cannot find ANY info. on it at all. Nor can I find any images of the guitar. I would also like to know if it's actually his signature. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

http://s91.photobucket.com/user/avenueo ... /Jem%20555

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:24 am 

The guitar is a JEM555bk
JEM555
- offset double cutaway American basswood body, bolt-on maple neck, 24-fret rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot/vine inlay with Steve Vai signature block inlay at 24th fret, Lo TRS II tremolo, six-on-a-side tuners, charcoal hardware, humbucker/single coil/humbucker DiMarzio pickups, volume/tone control, five-way switch, available in Black or White finish, mfg. 1994-2000.

The signature is more likely than not real- once again doesn't help or hurt the value of the instrument

and the pickguard is an after market pickguard- i've seen them on ebay for $20-30 for years
the black one should have a black pearl original pickguard