VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:23 pm 

5 years ago I wanted one guitar with a sustainer.
So I did it (My white 350dx)
Instead of becoming something I wanted once in a while- it was something I always wanted/needed
Kind of like a crutch

I used the hell out of the white one and it became my main guitar- and I wanted more a variety- (example I HAD to do my national anthems i performed at baseball games w/sustainer guitar)

SO I got another one- My main guitar is a transparent grey Ibanez RG4exqm1 - However- it's the guitar I used to play with/jam with/audition for Vai with and has a lot of sentimatal value and didn't want to screw it up so I found an identical copy of it used (super cheap even in better condition) and got the sustainer put in it.

Instead of an EVO2 like the white one- I wanted something more screaming out of it- so I have an EVOLUTION in the bridge

It was installed by Atomic Guitar Works (a great guitar company) they did a great install of it- and even had it done in one day.

They even put holes in the back plate to see the LED and adjust the sustainer settings.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:30 am 
Newcomer

Jeries wrote:
5 years ago I wanted one guitar with a sustainer.
So I did it (My white 350dx)
Instead of becoming something I wanted once in a while- it was something I always wanted/needed
Kind of like a crutch

I used the hell out of the white one and it became my main guitar- and I wanted more a variety- (example I HAD to do my national anthems i performed at baseball games w/sustainer guitar)

SO I got another one- My main guitar is a transparent grey Ibanez RG4exqm1 - However- it's the guitar I used to play with/jam with/audition for Vai with and has a lot of sentimatal value and didn't want to screw it up so I found an identical copy of it used (super cheap even in better condition) and got the sustainer put in it.

Instead of an EVO2 like the white one- I wanted something more screaming out of it- so I have an EVOLUTION in the bridge

It was installed by Atomic Guitar Works (a great guitar company) they did a great install of it- and even had it done in one day.

They even put holes in the back plate to see the LED and adjust the sustainer settings.

Would you mind adding a wiring diagram for the sustainer?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:18 am 

i didn't install it
i know nothing about wiring guitars let alone something as complex as the sustainer

there are installation instructions under manuals in a pdf on fernandes website

it's just a fsk101 installed with a stock middle pickup and evolution in the bridge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:16 am 

Looks like a great guitar for playing songs like Juice. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:37 pm 

I actually sold this guitar

I put a $280 floyd rose in it- then a $175 set up fret dress and bridge install after the sustainer

THEN NOW

I hate the guitar

I sold it to a friend for a massive hit- he still owes me $300- i'm even taking payments on it to get rid of the thing...

it was great before the genuine floyd rose