VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:37 pm 
Newcomer

Hey dudes, I'd like to hear what you guys think about this; I just scored a sweet '91 Ibanez RG 570,(in Emerald Green Metallic even! :o ) and I am trying to make the call between installing a Dimarzio Evo2 or a Breed for a bridge position pickup. I already have another RG with an Evolution and like it, but I am curious about The Breed, as it's specs are similar to (on paper at least) the original Ibanez V2 bridge pickup, which actually sounds pretty good, albeit a tiny bit noisy. :guitar Anyhow, If I like the Evo's am I gonna like The Breed? Will it be too fat sounding? Will it not have as much harmonics? Will Batman ever stop the Joker from destroying..... (sorry, getting carried away here.) thanks. :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:44 pm 

With basswood
the EVO2 would be a GREAT choice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am 

Yep, Evo2 is a great one....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:17 pm 
Newcomer

Hey dudes, I installed the Evo2 and it is excellent in this guitar. I am stoked. Excellent lead and rhythm tones and sweet harmonics! :guitar
Now I am making up my mind about neck and middle pickups, I'm thinking of Dominion Neck and Chopper. I have another RG (2000 sour apple sparkle) with PAF pro (neck), ProTrack (mid), and Evolution and really dig that combo, this will be similar but with a subtle twist.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:12 am 

I have a 1991 570 with Evo neck and bridge and love it I also have a 1991 570 with breeds in the neck and bridge. I don't like it as much. I have another 89 570 that has a Tone Zone and a Air Norton and they sound great. I also have another 92 550 that has The Timmons on the bridge and a PAF Joe in the neck and I think that's my favorite combo.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:16 pm 
Newcomer

Awesome! I have been thinking about the Paf Joe, I think it could work well with the Gravity Storm Bridge that I just installed in my other '91 RG570fm. I also recently installed The Breed bridge in my '87 540R Radius which is tuned to drop C, and I must say I like the Breed more in a tuned down guitar than in a standard tuned, it seems to push the lower range rather nicely. Anyway it's nice to be on a forum page where people dig Ibanez and DiMarzio! Rock on y'all!