Broken Tremolo?!

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
LightWithoutHeat777

Hey guys! I was playing my Ibanez Jem7v and i noticed something very weird!
Underneath the fine tuners are these panels. When you turn the fine tuners it either presses on the panel to make the note go sharp or releases pressure to make it go flat. Underneath the fine tuner on my low E string, the panel isnt underneath my fine tuner. So when I turn it nothing happens to the pitch of my string. Also you can see that where you place the strings on the tremolo is pushed up further than the rest. Please help me fix this because I have no clue on what to do!! Am I missing parts or what?!
aaronm
Banned

hi mate save your self some stress and take your axe to your local guitar store they will fix it for you .
you will find it wont be very serious .
kyle am I

Delete LOL
Last edited by kyle am I on Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LightWithoutHeat777

Alright thanks guys! I appreciate the help!

UPDATE: Hey guys I ended up using one of my tools in my kit that came with the Jem7vWH. I moved it back and everything looks good and works like its supposed too! The only problem is that now I dont have any stability in my tuning! I replaced my springs about 2-3 months back. Could the springs be worn out cause I use this guitar everyday for 3-4 hours, or would it just be the crappy tremolo. (Luckily my new Jem77FP2 has a Lo-Pro)
kyle am I

Delete
Last edited by kyle am I on Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LightWithoutHeat777

This is the trem on my new Jem77FP2 and It is amazing!!! I have not had any tuning stability problems with it! I want to get one for my Jem7vWH but I dont know which one it is.
ocxcxd

kyle am I wrote:well, the edge pro was the tremolo made to save money by ibanez around early 2000. It was the cut cost model. I use my ibanez ry 350 for around 5 hours a day, go ape on my trem, and never had to replace my springs. Its about time to, but anyway, I dwell it is probably best to take it to an authorized ibanez dealer to have checked our. If ir is an old tremolo then it might be wearing out, or maybe your neck needs a truss adjustment, or maybe your locking nuts are wearing out. Only you can tell. It would be best I think to not bother it like I did. I think you should bring it to an authorized dealer. And Ps, the FP2 comes stock with an original edge, not lo pro. The lo pro is really long, and unless u changed the trem, then it is an original edge

That's not true, the trem that was made to save money was an Edge Pro II and an Edge III.
paulh123

LightWithoutHeat777 wrote:Image
This is the trem on my new Jem77FP2 and It is amazing!!! I have not had any tuning stability problems with it! I want to get one for my Jem7vWH but I dont know which one it is.
it looks to me like an original edge trem.
LightWithoutHeat777

paulh123 wrote:
LightWithoutHeat777 wrote:Image
it looks to me like an original edge trem.
Thanks! :guitar
avianoguitarist

kyle am I wrote:well, the edge pro was the tremolo made to save money by ibanez around early 2000. It was the cut cost model. I use my ibanez ry 350 for around 5 hours a day, go ape on my trem, and never had to replace my springs. Its about time to, but anyway, I dwell it is probably best to take it to an authorized ibanez dealer to have checked our. If ir is an old tremolo then it might be wearing out, or maybe your neck needs a truss adjustment, or maybe your locking nuts are wearing out. Only you can tell. It would be best I think to not bother it like I did. I think you should bring it to an authorized dealer. And Ps, the FP2 comes stock with an original edge, not lo pro. The lo pro is really long, and unless u changed the trem, then it is an original edge
Wrong!
It was made because the Floyd Rose license expired. Do a little searching,and you'll find the info.
If your Edge Pro is giving you fits, then set it up properly--it's a decent trem.
ocxcxd

avianoguitarist wrote:
Wrong!
It was made because the Floyd Rose license expired. Do a little searching,and you'll find the info.
If your Edge Pro is giving you fits, then set it up properly--it's a decent trem.
+1
kyle am I

Delete
Last edited by kyle am I on Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kyle am I

Delete
ocxcxd

kyle am I wrote:well in early 2000, ibanez downgraded the jems. They replaced the ebony fingerboard with a rosewood one, put more plastic inlays in than mother of pearl, put in a new trem, which MANY people have had a problem with, then raised the price $800. I apologize if I was wrong, but with all these other cuts taking place and all the problems people have had, the edge pro just seemed like a cut cost model. Sorry if I was wrong.

Incorrect.
Tremolo was changed in 2003 along with other minor changes, when Prestige line was introduced and fretboard was changed in 2005.
kyle am I

Delete