unbelievable!!!

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
kyle am I

unbelievable!!!

#1 Post by kyle am I » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Ok, ive had my rg350mp for about 7 months... thought it was the best guitar ever. Its beat up etc from being dropped and banged in shows ive performed in... but what has happened from day four or five, at the fricken smallest thing the retarded paint just chips off. I had an Allen wrench and was screwing my saddle screw in during a string change, it created a little frictioncwith the body, and the flipping paint just chipped right off the damn thing. I swear it was like as easy as fuckin crushing a potato chip with your fist. Excuse my French, but I thought that was a one time thing. There was still white paint underneath. Its like they painted the first coat well, then once that hardened put the shittiest worst paint over it. Some people get scratches on their guitars, imagine you scratched your guitar. A really tiny scratch... on my guitar the paint homosexually chips off as easy as blowing on it, and leaves a hideous undercoat that btw, looks absolutley terrible. My epiphone special that was my main guitar for 3 years of my short life never chipped once. It gott rented and stuff, but never chipped. Hell, my first ibanez, an GIO little kid one, never chipped. I know how my RG chips so damn easily, so I decided to test my CHINESE made GIO. I had to use an aircraft bullet and slam the paint truly hard for it to chip off, and guess what, it chipped off normally, like if one of you guys dropped your jem. You know, youhave some paint chipped a little and the naked wood is showing??? Nahum, withmh guitar the paint just chips and spreads destroying the whole finish, creating little paint flakes, and leaving the WORST white paint under it. It is the worst quality ever. I will NEVER buy another Indonesian made pile if crap like that. Hell, after only 7 months of continuous wear, the
pickguard is turing yellows. Its almost as yelloy as EVO's. I want it to turn yellow after years of continuous wear! Of my first tour, band, etc. I want my instrument to age naturally, not by some terrible crappy paint and finish. The treks fine, neck is fine, its just the paint that totally piss me off.

kyle am I

Re: unbelievable!!!

#2 Post by kyle am I » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Is this some new ploy from Indonesian ibbys??? "New limited edition, auto aging guitar. When you drop a Allen wrench on it, chip. When you plug your cable in and miss, chip. When a screwdriver accidentally slips while you were trying to replace a yellow pickguard that aged to fast, cccchhhip. All instances that happened to me. I mean, I spend 500$$$ of nh own money, for a guitar that should be at least gig worthy, but her it just falls to prieces. I mean, jeries, you have a Korean made DX right? Mines Indonesian,and j think they made the paint out of leftovers paper and adobe. Does your Korean rg pull this crap? I talk so highly,of ibanez and try to stick up for them, but yet they deliver the worst possible blemishes and faults. Y cant every manufacturer drop the need for mines and put the music first! I mean, I think the guitar should at least be able to handle a 13 year olds stupid playing! I'm not giggning regularly, or touring, I'm in nh room playing for 7 hours straight. Why cNt the companies drop the money making plots? Well its probably the four foot three high pitched "financial consaultants" saying, well we can cut costs by making the paint out of dyed potato chips, because no kid would notice the difference. That is the problem. Under paid laborious and bad materials and companies that are all buisness. Why was Quality so much better in the eighties and such??? Because players and true passionate musicians were ruling these companies. Now, its the same ridiculous annoying financial buisness consultants sending crap materials to a crap laborious force. Jeries, I respect such a man of your talent for using such monstrous produsct. I saw your national anthem and band gigs and your truly very talented. His do you put up with all these bad issues

kyle am I

#3 Post by kyle am I » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:41 pm

And annoying problems? I feel bad for making ibanez out to be bad, maybe nh guitar was just a lemon. Point is, I love my guitar so much and have such a connection to it that I'm only mad about te paint. I mean an instrument is an instrument, and tone is in the fingers and beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;). But I was just expecting a little more. I created this rant thread only to show everyone NOT TO BHY THE INDONESIAN IBBYS. Buyonly the Korean up. I wanted to proclaim the worst ibanez has to offer... did I mention I'm going to put 400$ into it to install a sustainer? I just know sometime soon I'm gonna have a REALpaint job done, one that wont chip Nd leave a horrible flaky surface

Jeries

#4 Post by Jeries » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Mine's an Indonesian

And I put a shitton of money into it- Way more than the guitar is worth- nothing on it is stock besides the middle pickup.

I couldn't get it in tune for a year... after numerous setup/fretdress/springchanges- i actually bought a new bridge for it but ended up keeping the one i had because we finally figured out the spring situation... neck shim...nut shim... new springs... new tuners (that was my fault i threw the guitar and broke 2 off live- i have a video of that actually- was ripping the strings off and forgot i took the strap off so when the last string broke the guitar flew)

This was already after i put double the money into it--
Guitar $280 (an guitar store to remain anonymous hooks me up price-wise rediculously- let's just say they're the CENTER of where i buy all my GUITAR stuff)
Sustainer...$200, sustainer install $160, tuner $50, tuner install 30, EVO2 Pickup, $70 springs $15, gold tuners $30

I'm in the guitar a ton now... BUT after getting it properly set up and done right- its been pretty damn good for a while
it has some finish cracks (which happend moments after i got it) but it's held up lately

my plan was to have a guitar with a sustainer and i'd use that guitar from time to time-
then it turns out every time i wanted to grab a guitar- i grabbed the one with the sustainer because i wanted the sustainer at all times

so thus the white one has become my main guitar- my other main RG has a set of EVOLUTIONS in them and i love them

I'd like to get a guitar with a sustainer and an evolution bridge instead of an EVO2 i bet it will be intense.

So- i got 2 national anthems booked in March- 2 huge games probab. 10k people at each...
I need the white rg to do the anthem so i have no choice of what guitar to use- because i need the sustainer to perform it my way...

long story short- i know how you feel- i've been frustrated w/ibanez- but i love 'em... or at least use them...for now

kyle am I

#5 Post by kyle am I » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:09 pm

The only reason I'm so upset is because yesterday I was playing, and I had a sharp nail, missed when I went to flutter, and the paint chipped three incest across the body. It chipped off in flayed with an ugly cost of white behind it. I love my guitar, its feel and playability, it even has Steve's matching resonating body and neck. I just hate its finish.

Pape

#6 Post by Pape » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:00 am

I must be a lucky one. I've owned a few RG's and each one after initial setup feels and looks great, My most recent is an RG4exqm and its been doing great. The edge 3 isn't the best and the locking nut came fresh out of the box with string indents. but after a 3 dollar nut and a setup plays and feels great. The finish is next to flawless, and fretwork meh- okay, not great, but not bad. Some new pups and it'll be a pretty sweet axe. I will for sure be buying the new premium jem! at just a coupe hundred more than a regular premium, with 225 in upgraded pickups and and edge tremolo seems like a great deal, indo made or not. For what its worth I still prefer the workmanship of the Ibanez compared to the latest jacksons, fenders, gibsons, and gretchs i played. Heck, my nonamecaster that costs 100 bucks plays and feel better than most of the recent things these companies released in the mid to highmid price range anyways ($499-$999) IMO

Jeries

#7 Post by Jeries » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:59 am

for $500 INCLUDING SHIPPING
a factory in China (that makes guitars for ibanez/epiphone/esp/EVERY COMPANY)

can build you anything/whatever you want... and they're better than anything you can buy in store in that price range...

whatever you want they'll build- if you want a Les Paul with your name inlayed across the whole fretboard were talking $400

Pape

#8 Post by Pape » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:26 pm

So where do you go to customize such guitar. I can't be but a little skeptical that they would even use real wood at that price. Then again, my latest ibby is just a laminate quilt maple on top.... If the options are cool I might just try one myself!

Jeries

#9 Post by Jeries » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:36 pm

I would google CHINA WHOLESALE GUITAR

and theres 1000 websites and 1000 companies on those sites that sell/make their own guitars...

for $400-450 they'll make you ANYTHING YOU WANT

And they use great woods, great quality- amazing inlay work.

I have one guitar i had custom made for me- the website/company is no longer in business but i'm sure they're still making guitars/selling them somewhere...

It cost with shipping $320

aaronm
Banned

#10 Post by aaronm » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:39 pm

good old china

ocxcxd

#11 Post by ocxcxd » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:45 am

Mine RG350DX has a dust under the clearcoat.... And the paint is coming off the saddle screws. I have also noticed that the pickguard is yellowing a bit and that the tuners were LOOSE. It really pissed me off, because I had to sell my laptop (which wasn't cheap......) so I could buy this guitar.

kyle am I

#12 Post by kyle am I » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:11 pm

if you didn't see my other guitar pictures in the picture gallery, look at it. See the chips on my main ove? Look at the hideous gray primer underneath. I already changed the pickguard because it was EVO yellow. The locking nut on the neck twisted to the side, leaving my guitar un Floyd able until I fix it.ive broken the jack twice. The screws all rusted. I also shorter the neck pickup out. Now it sounds so low and trebbly it hurts. Sounds like a fifties telecaster bridge. The finish on the fingerboard is wearing (though that's due to my playing constantly). But here's something recent. On the black dots, the finish seems to be heat shrinked away! It feels like a gouge in the neck, and it was not there a month ago. The only thing functional about the guitar is the tape, which with the greed, gets so dirty it looks like pea soup. And the white gaff tape turns all yellow. What iis this? Now the quality of tape is going down? God, life is good.
ocxcxd wrote:Mine RG350DX has a dust under the clearcoat.... And the paint is coming off the saddle screws. I have also noticed that the pickguard is yellowing a bit and that the tuners were LOOSE. It really pissed me off, because I had to sell my laptop (which wasn't cheap......) so I could buy this guitar.

ocxcxd

#13 Post by ocxcxd » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:25 am

kyle am I wrote:if you didn't see my other guitar pictures in the picture gallery, look at it. See the chips on my main ove? Look at the hideous gray primer underneath. I already changed the pickguard because it was EVO yellow. The locking nut on the neck twisted to the side, leaving my guitar un Floyd able until I fix it.ive broken the jack twice. The screws all rusted. I also shorter the neck pickup out. Now it sounds so low and trebbly it hurts. Sounds like a fifties telecaster bridge. The finish on the fingerboard is wearing (though that's due to my playing constantly). But here's something recent. On the black dots, the finish seems to be heat shrinked away! It feels like a gouge in the neck, and it was not there a month ago. The only thing functional about the guitar is the tape, which with the greed, gets so dirty it looks like pea soup. And the white gaff tape turns all yellow. What iis this? Now the quality of tape is going down? God, life is good.
ocxcxd wrote:Mine RG350DX has a dust under the clearcoat.... And the paint is coming off the saddle screws. I have also noticed that the pickguard is yellowing a bit and that the tuners were LOOSE. It really pissed me off, because I had to sell my laptop (which wasn't cheap......) so I could buy this guitar.
Well, I haven't been using mine so intensively. My main axe is the black RG550EX, but simply you can't compare them. RG550's are in better quality state after 10 and 14 years than the RG350DX after one year.... Not to mention about the pickups..... :evil:

kyle am I

#14 Post by kyle am I » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:02 am

this might sound ridiculous, but does the tape over your pickup get really dirty really fast?
ocxcxd wrote:
kyle am I wrote:if you didn't see my other guitar pictures in the picture gallery, look at it. See the chips on my main ove? Look at the hideous gray primer underneath. I already changed the pickguard because it was EVO yellow. The locking nut on the neck twisted to the side, leaving my guitar un Floyd able until I fix it.ive broken the jack twice. The screws all rusted. I also shorter the neck pickup out. Now it sounds so low and trebbly it hurts. Sounds like a fifties telecaster bridge. The finish on the fingerboard is wearing (though that's due to my playing constantly). But here's something recent. On the black dots, the finish seems to be heat shrinked away! It feels like a gouge in the neck, and it was not there a month ago. The only thing functional about the guitar is the tape, which with the greed, gets so dirty it looks like pea soup. And the white gaff tape turns all yellow. What iis this? Now the quality of tape is going down? God, life is good.
Well, I haven't been using mine so intensively. My main axe is the black RG550EX, but simply you can't compare them. RG550's are in better quality state after 10 and 14 years than the RG350DX after one year.... Not to mention about the pickups..... :evil:

ocxcxd

#15 Post by ocxcxd » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:41 pm

White one does a little faster than the other two.