Questions about "Passion and Warfare" 7-string Guitar

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
BigBadMoFoGangsta

How many are going to be made?
How much will it cost?
When will it be released/available for purchase?
Jeries

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod ... sku=423655" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-UV77 ... 1517702.gc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BigBadMoFoGangsta

Thanks for the info. Looks like this guitar is being made only for rich people. I was hoping it would be around the same price as a JEM, around $2,0000.00. Even at 2K it would be a luxurious purchase for me.
ocuj

Wow, that's an expensive guitar. Is it any better than a regular Universe, or is the price so high because it's so limited? If it's the last, I'll pass. You can get a customized handmade guitar for this price, limited only to 1. Nice axe though.
BigBadMoFoGangsta

Oh well, I guess I can look on the bright side of things since Im an optimistic person. I would have scrimped and saved and paid $2,000.00 for the UV77RE which is really too much money even at that price but I would have probably paid it. Now, I don't even have to "think" about buying this guitar. Unless I win the lottery. Who said, "The less I have, the more I gain"? Maybe they were right. :headbang
anuj

These ones are, interestingly enough, a lot closer to handmade that your regular run Jems/UVs :)

~A
guitarmattms

I'm sure you can go online and fine custom swirled bodies and build one far less than the cost of a Jem.

Nate Perle has a small business. As well as many others. They all can do a Universe body for ya.
jonnyboy mills

guitarmattms wrote:I'm sure you can go online and fine custom swirled bodies and build one far less than the cost of a Jem.

Nate Perle has a small business. As well as many others. They all can do a Universe body for ya.
I have a Nate Perle swirled body, The wood working was very poor, burrs all over the edges of the rear cavities, the body is not as thick as my jem7v The neck screws and ferrals are sticking out as the holes are not recessed enough. I had to modify the trem cavity in order for an original edge trem to fit, I had to alter the pick-up cavities in order for my evo's to fit. Here is a picture of the guitar.
jonnyboy mills

And I now do my own swirls, This is an Ibanez Rg 548 That I refinished with an OMC swirl, hope you all like it. Image
This is a test swirl of a PAW type swirl as seen on the reissue universes.