My Jem is acting wierd....part 2

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
KeithVai

hi guys,

thanks for all the help and info you gave me regarding the trem.

I never actually did anything to cure it - for some reason now, i can batter the Trem crazy and its going back in tune to where it was - bang on the tuner!!

This is well wierd, now its holding its tune pretty much bang on with the tuner - slightly under 1 cent sharp - which i can certainly live with..

Is this normal for floating bridges?

cheers guys!
Mr. Supertron

Were you using new strings or old strings? Old strings usually don't hold tuning as well and new strings need stretched.
loran333

First , how you mesure your 1 cent sharp ?

Sugestion ;

Tune the G strings (this strings is the most sensitive for the pull up)
dive the trem until the bar touch the wood , let the bar return & don t past the neutral point. Check this G string tuning.
repeat this 2, 3 time . You must have a beautiful dead 0 cents on your tuner everytime you re back.
Now put the whammy bar forward & pull untill you can t push anymore , let the trem return and don t past the neutral point.
Check this G string tuning. During all this , don t move the guitar.

This my "procedure" to check my return. only with the G string

If my tremolo angle change , if I change the strings , if I do nothing , the sharp change from 4 to 7.
Strings , metal , wood , I don t know but all theses little atoms are full of life...and they are in constant move.....

This is MY experience. I don t say I m right or wrong , It s just MY conclusion.
Patill

KeithVai wrote: Is this normal for floating bridges?

yes.

And if you want to get that away, too, you could get a Backbox.
Jeries

hey the guitar your having problems with... where was it made?