Amercian and Mexican made Strats.

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
sap

What is the difference in American made and Mexican made strats. besides the obvious?
Stephen Brown

Q A.
Jeries

americans likely have better pickups

and a more detailed and perfected finish

i my fav strat in the world was $60 and is a Squier Standard (candyapple w/mapleftbd)

for the value and money i'd choose a squier standard (not annfinity or bullet) over an american or mexican in a second.

j.arledge

the american and mexican are pertty much the same, the pickups are probably better on the US made ones but other then that they are pertty much the same IMO.
sap

Does anyone know anything about the texas special pickups?
nato101010

You think the Squier Standard is better? Really? Ok cool, I was thinking of getting a MIM one, but I'll try the standards now...
Patill

hmm, I´d say the Mexico one is of a little bit lower quality at all. There may be some guy at Fender, who sorts a wood of same origin and quality to Mexico and American. What means for "good" and "bad" quality.

Quality is a relative feature. A wood company may sell a wood as one quality, Fender may split it into two. I think that´s the point between those. As the American Strat is not that expensive for a guitar, and we´re talking about serious guitar playing, I´d go for the American.
lydian2000

Jeries wrote:
i my fav strat in the world was $60 and is a Squier Standard (candyapple w/mapleftbd)

for the value and money i'd choose a squier standard (not annfinity or bullet) over an american or mexican in a second.

I concur.

:peace
Jeries

wow i'm suprised someone would have agreed with my comment- i expected 3000 members to disagree---
a little cool thing about my strat--
i think the knobs are stupid on the strats (no bridge tone and seperate for neck and middle- what the fuck!? its stupid)

so i had it required...
Master Volume-Master Tone- and BLEND!
(the blend pot is also an n-tune tuner)

with the blend i can get every possible combination of all 3 pickups and every possible mix in between
Instrumentalrockrocks

trey the Highway series... Those are actually american strats, they are well-built instruments tough cheaper than the standard american series

My brother has one and he is very happy with it!
It has a honey blonde finish, a white pickguard and a rosewood fretboard.

He refitted it with kinman pickups... not sure wich type tough.
But this highway series is really a solid guitar... "build for the road"

Groove On 8)
nato101010

Jeris, I know of a awesome wiring system that does the same type on thing. Its a 3 way switch that controls the neck and bridge pickups the same way as a Les Paul. Then, the guy replaced the 2nd tone control the controls the MIDDLE pickup only, and when you blend it with the neck or bridge, it warms up and turns into a Humbucker. It would be easier to explain if I had that guitar in my hands, though...
7mixeduplydian7

sap wrote:Does anyone know anything about the texas special pickups?
The texas specials are wound hotter than the normal American pups. They have a fairly distinct sound that can get really sweet with a little fiddling and adjusting heights. I have three in my 79 strat and wish I had put something else in bridge postion... maybe something like an hs 3 from Dimarzio