HELP!!!!!!

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
fretboardmagic

My bridge broke!!!
I was changing the strings and I suppose I overtightened the saddle for the high E string, because the string retainer block broke!
It's an Edge III, so I'm hoping the block is easy to replace. Does anyone know how I can get a replacement one or can I get a floyd and put it in here? I really really need this fixed. This is my only good guitar. Please help!
al

yes you can replace the saddle alright, im sure you can pick them up online easy, Ibanezrules.com or ebay being the first that come to mind
nato101010

I have a few, any big-ish music store should have em
Lucky

Yep, never get too muscular with a bridge saddle. I'd try Rich's site as mentioned above.
nato101010

I found that out the hard way too
Jeries

a floyd would be too big by the way

(i know i have a gold one in my drawer with no use for it)
fretboardmagic

Is there any kind of bridge that just drops right in? I hate the edge III. I want it replaced, but it seems like all the good trems need extra routing.
al

Whats wrong with the edge pro? ...isnt it just the same specs just made better and with better materials, but yeah the edge II and III's feel cheap and plasticy compared to the other edge pros and high end trems

I think the FR goes into some ibanez's ok but some routing is needed for most models
Patill

I think a Shaller Floyd Rose 2 COULD fit. I wanted to do the same the way around (Shaller no, Edge yes), and I was told it doesn´t fit because the Edge is bigger.

And don´t overtighten!!!!!!!! It´s enough to tighten them with the finges, then take the short arm (!) of your Allen key and pull it tight a little!!!!!
Jeries

i dont think any bridge but an edge will drop right in

its too fat on one area...

any guitar would require some routing and it wouldnt look good in this manner
fretboardmagic

So does the edge pro drop right in or not?
I need to know, otherwise I might end up selling this guitar once I replace the block.
Jeries

i dont know how compatible all the edge bridges are between eachother
maybe jemsite might have something on that

but i know edge wont fit normal floyd rose or basic replacement floyds
Patill

you could just take a look at both bridges in a store. You should see with your eyes, that it fits, otherwise you can take a tape measure with you.

Also you could ask Ibanez????
al

Theres all specs and dimensions up of bridges online, i thought i had a jpg of them but guess not, dont ask me for the resource, im sure but google is your friend after all
fretboardmagic

Ok. So I found out that the Edge Pro drops right into an Edge III routing. That makes me hella happy. I won't end up selling this thing after all. Yay. Until I get the E-pro (lol beck) I've got some extra E3 (lol again) blocks on order from Rich. So it's all good. 8)