problems with my pickups

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
ricardo_impellitteri

problems with my pickups

#1 Post by ricardo_impellitteri » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:00 pm

i have an RG270 a few months ago i put a seymour duncan SH-2 jazz for the bridge position and a steve's special pickup for bridge...

i don't know anything about eletronics or the way it has to be wired that, so i took it to a guitar hospital there the guy did the job in 20 minutes for something like 5 dlls.

the problem is, well i don't have any complain about the dimarzio but the seymour duncan it's pretty noisy i think it must be because of a mistake during the installation...

my english it's pretty bad

so please can you explain me the correct way for wiring my pickups, this time i'll do it by myself

nato101010

#2 Post by nato101010 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:20 pm

This is a pretty hard job to tackle. And Its even harder to explain over typing. I would just take it back to the "Hospital" and see what wiring was done wrong. Best of luck!

j.arledge

#3 Post by j.arledge » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:07 pm

the dimarzio and duncan both have the same color wires but they aren't wired the same. The tech may have wired them the same way thinking that the colors were the same.

look here about half way down the page to see what i am talking about.

http://www.1728.com/guitar.htm

ricardo_impellitteri

#4 Post by ricardo_impellitteri » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:39 am

wow thnks, ok, well, mmm that was a great piece of information thnaks, but now i have some other questions.

let's start, i've been playing guitar for something like 7 years, and it's until this time that i knew a couple of new concepts...

1-pickups wired in series
2-pickups wired in parallel

:cry:

can you explain me the diference between series and parallel wiring please, wich way should i wire mi pickups???

i'm an economy student so read about electronics it's the same for me as reading about nuclear energy :?

Stephen Brown

#5 Post by Stephen Brown » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:13 pm