Laguna Electric Guitar

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Vailent
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:08 pm

Have anyone tried this new Electric Guitar? I went to Guitar Center the other day and tried it and really liked it. It's not that expensive either and sounds as good or better than some that are twice its price. I'm thinking about getting another guitar for my collections. What do ya think?
Vailent
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:08 pm

Anyone? Any opinions?
User avatar
Hub
Member
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:02 pm

I really don´t know anything more about it than the add in Guitar World says so... pretty pointless post from me :)
Vailent
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:08 pm

Hub wrote:I really don´t know anything more about it than the add in Guitar World says so... pretty pointless post from me :)
Thanks for stopping by. Well, at least something is better than nothing. :D
User avatar
RAI
Member
Member
Posts: 3195
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:23 pm

Here you go, from another topic on the board:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Mlqaw3ego
User avatar
resha
Member
Member
Posts: 3008
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:09 am

Is that the new Greg Howe endorse guitar?
Vailent
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:08 pm

resha wrote:Is that the new Greg Howe endorse guitar?
I think it is. :D
mas
Newcomer
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:29 am

Vailent wrote:
resha wrote:Is that the new Greg Howe endorse guitar?
I think it is. :D
Hi,

Yes; Greg is now endorsing Laguna Guitars and the one he is playing on the video is a prototype of his signature model the LE924. It will be available on Dec. 10 at various Guitar Center locations. The retail price will be $1399 and GC's price will be around $999.00.
Vailent
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:08 pm

mas wrote:
Vailent wrote:
resha wrote:Is that the new Greg Howe endorse guitar?
I think it is. :D
Hi,

Yes; Greg is now endorsing Laguna Guitars and the one he is playing on the video is a prototype of his signature model the LE924. It will be available on Dec. 10 at various Guitar Center locations. The retail price will be $1399 and GC's price will be around $999.00.
Wow, I didn't think it would be that expensive.

Well, I've tried a few Lagunas at Guitar Center today and the low prices surprised me quite a bit. It plays nicely and sounds decent. I haven't had a chance to try the Greg Howe signature model LE924, though I would love to try one myself.
mas
Newcomer
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:29 am

Vailent wrote:
mas wrote:
Vailent wrote: I think it is. :D
Hi,

Yes; Greg is now endorsing Laguna Guitars and the one he is playing on the video is a prototype of his signature model the LE924. It will be available on Dec. 10 at various Guitar Center locations. The retail price will be $1399 and GC's price will be around $999.00.
Wow, I didn't think it would be that expensive.

Well, I've tried a few Lagunas at Guitar Center today and the low prices surprised me quite a bit. It plays nicely and sounds decent. I haven't had a chance to try the Greg Howe signature model LE924, though I would love to try one myself.
Hi,

I hear you. I would love to try it out when it's available myself. I know if Greg puts his stamp of approval on it then it's going to be pretty sweet. Signature models are going to be more expensive because the Pros only want the best of the best. Take a look at Steve Vai's signature Ibanez model (JEM77V). That baby is going for over $2000.00 GC price and it plays and sounds incredible.
Vailent
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:08 pm

mas wrote:
Vailent wrote:
mas wrote: Hi,

Yes; Greg is now endorsing Laguna Guitars and the one he is playing on the video is a prototype of his signature model the LE924. It will be available on Dec. 10 at various Guitar Center locations. The retail price will be $1399 and GC's price will be around $999.00.
Wow, I didn't think it would be that expensive.

Well, I've tried a few Lagunas at Guitar Center today and the low prices surprised me quite a bit. It plays nicely and sounds decent. I haven't had a chance to try the Greg Howe signature model LE924, though I would love to try one myself.
Hi,

I hear you. I would love to try it out when it's available myself. I know if Greg puts his stamp of approval on it then it's going to be pretty sweet. Signature models are going to be more expensive because the Pros only want the best of the best. Take a look at Steve Vai's signature Ibanez model (JEM77V). That baby is going for over $2000.00 GC price and it plays and sounds incredible.
I hear you, too. If can afford the $2000 JEM77V, it would have been in almost every song I record.

But for now, I'm trying to learn more about the Greg Howe Signature model. I think it's a little more affordable for me at this time.

If you get your hands on the guitar before I do, let me know how it is. Cool? :D
User avatar
Logic
Member
Member
Posts: 1673
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:32 pm

OK, Show of hands.. Who all works for Laguna??
Lots of newcomers on this thread too. :wink:
BTW, Buddy of mine had a Luguna.. Nice axe
Vailent
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:08 pm

Logic wrote: BTW, Buddy of mine had a Luguna.. Nice axe
Which model does he have? :D
User avatar
Logic
Member
Member
Posts: 1673
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:32 pm

Mr. Vailent,
You know I don't know. It was less than a year ago and he had all his gear in the back of his pickup truck, went into one of the local music shops here in Modesto and lo and behold when he came back out all his gear was gone! Imagine that! I'll try in remember to ask him whence next I see him. Hopefully it won't be dredging up a lot of bad memories. I do remember him looking for just the right axe though. He's one of those guys who wanted something no one else had. It was a nice axe.
Vailent
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:08 pm

Logic wrote:Mr. Vailent,
You know I don't know. It was less than a year ago and he had all his gear in the back of his pickup truck, went into one of the local music shops here in Modesto and lo and behold when he came back out all his gear was gone! Imagine that! I'll try in remember to ask him whence next I see him. Hopefully it won't be dredging up a lot of bad memories. I do remember him looking for just the right axe though. He's one of those guys who wanted something no one else had. It was a nice axe.
Wow, that would really suck to have all your gears stolen. I never trust carrying my gears in pickup trucks; it's just too risky. I can imagine how he feels.

It's okay if you can't get the model name. I was just curious. I'll just ask more questions to learn more about the guitar itself because I want to know which one I want to get.

A buddy of mine owns a Laguna Le. It's plays really nice and sounds nice and very quiet.
Post Reply