Laguna Electric Guitar

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Vailent

Have anyone tried this new Electric Guitar? I went to Guitar Center the other day and tried it and really liked it. It's not that expensive either and sounds as good or better than some that are twice its price. I'm thinking about getting another guitar for my collections. What do ya think?
Vailent

Anyone? Any opinions?
Hub

I really don´t know anything more about it than the add in Guitar World says so... pretty pointless post from me :)
Vailent

Hub wrote:I really don´t know anything more about it than the add in Guitar World says so... pretty pointless post from me :)
Thanks for stopping by. Well, at least something is better than nothing. :D
RAI

Here you go, from another topic on the board:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Mlqaw3ego
resha

Is that the new Greg Howe endorse guitar?
Vailent

resha wrote:Is that the new Greg Howe endorse guitar?
I think it is. :D
mas
Newcomer

Vailent wrote:
Hi,

Yes; Greg is now endorsing Laguna Guitars and the one he is playing on the video is a prototype of his signature model the LE924. It will be available on Dec. 10 at various Guitar Center locations. The retail price will be $1399 and GC's price will be around $999.00.
Vailent

mas wrote:
Vailent wrote:
Hi,

Yes; Greg is now endorsing Laguna Guitars and the one he is playing on the video is a prototype of his signature model the LE924. It will be available on Dec. 10 at various Guitar Center locations. The retail price will be $1399 and GC's price will be around $999.00.
Wow, I didn't think it would be that expensive.

Well, I've tried a few Lagunas at Guitar Center today and the low prices surprised me quite a bit. It plays nicely and sounds decent. I haven't had a chance to try the Greg Howe signature model LE924, though I would love to try one myself.
mas
Newcomer

Vailent wrote:
mas wrote:
Vailent wrote: I think it is. :D
Hi,

Well, I've tried a few Lagunas at Guitar Center today and the low prices surprised me quite a bit. It plays nicely and sounds decent. I haven't had a chance to try the Greg Howe signature model LE924, though I would love to try one myself.
Hi,

I hear you. I would love to try it out when it's available myself. I know if Greg puts his stamp of approval on it then it's going to be pretty sweet. Signature models are going to be more expensive because the Pros only want the best of the best. Take a look at Steve Vai's signature Ibanez model (JEM77V). That baby is going for over $2000.00 GC price and it plays and sounds incredible.
Vailent

mas wrote:
Vailent wrote:
mas wrote: Hi,

Hi,

I hear you. I would love to try it out when it's available myself. I know if Greg puts his stamp of approval on it then it's going to be pretty sweet. Signature models are going to be more expensive because the Pros only want the best of the best. Take a look at Steve Vai's signature Ibanez model (JEM77V). That baby is going for over $2000.00 GC price and it plays and sounds incredible.
I hear you, too. If can afford the $2000 JEM77V, it would have been in almost every song I record.

But for now, I'm trying to learn more about the Greg Howe Signature model. I think it's a little more affordable for me at this time.

If you get your hands on the guitar before I do, let me know how it is. Cool? :D
Logic

OK, Show of hands.. Who all works for Laguna??
Lots of newcomers on this thread too. :wink:
BTW, Buddy of mine had a Luguna.. Nice axe
Vailent

Logic wrote: BTW, Buddy of mine had a Luguna.. Nice axe
Which model does he have? :D
Logic

Mr. Vailent,
You know I don't know. It was less than a year ago and he had all his gear in the back of his pickup truck, went into one of the local music shops here in Modesto and lo and behold when he came back out all his gear was gone! Imagine that! I'll try in remember to ask him whence next I see him. Hopefully it won't be dredging up a lot of bad memories. I do remember him looking for just the right axe though. He's one of those guys who wanted something no one else had. It was a nice axe.
Vailent

Logic wrote:Mr. Vailent,
You know I don't know. It was less than a year ago and he had all his gear in the back of his pickup truck, went into one of the local music shops here in Modesto and lo and behold when he came back out all his gear was gone! Imagine that! I'll try in remember to ask him whence next I see him. Hopefully it won't be dredging up a lot of bad memories. I do remember him looking for just the right axe though. He's one of those guys who wanted something no one else had. It was a nice axe.
Wow, that would really suck to have all your gears stolen. I never trust carrying my gears in pickup trucks; it's just too risky. I can imagine how he feels.

It's okay if you can't get the model name. I was just curious. I'll just ask more questions to learn more about the guitar itself because I want to know which one I want to get.

A buddy of mine owns a Laguna Le. It's plays really nice and sounds nice and very quiet.