Finance for a Jem7vwh?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Svelt Pen

You'd be surprised how quick you can finance a JEM when you throw on a miniskirt, some lipstick, and hang out on the street corner for a few hours in the roughest part of town... :wink:
DEVIL82

Well if your offering to finance my Jem by working in that way...be my guest :D
bancika

credits suck. I was taking lousy student credit (in Serbia) for 3 years and now need to pay back for the next 6 years...not good
DEVIL82

Well after many helpful comments here, i think im gonna save up and then buy a 7vwh....well soon as i find out info and the worth of my Kasuga im selling.

I realy cant wait to be a owner of a Jem :D
Svelt Pen

DEVIL82 wrote:Well after many helpful comments here, i think im gonna save up and then buy a 7vwh....well soon as i find out info and the worth of my Kasuga im selling.

I realy cant wait to be a owner of a Jem :D
Caveat emptor: a Jem isn't for everyone, and you could be disappointed if you buy it without actually trying it first (as with ANY gear). You should try out a bunch of guitars, including the JEM, before you go shell out close to 3 grand on a guitar you may regret buying. Just my 2 cents. :wink:
DEVIL82

theres not much chance of being dissapointed with a jem is there?
ClarkyNZ

Not in my house!! :D
Svelt Pen

DEVIL82 wrote:theres not much chance of being dissapointed with a jem is there?
How will you know unless you've played one? Don't go by what everybody else says, because everyone else has different hands, different ears, and different playing styles...Spending that much money on a guitar without trying it first is pretty naiive and is just plain stupid IMHO.
joshua202020

Talking financial, don't loan for a guitar. You could eat beans everyday to save that amount, but never loan for it. A loan is only really practically usable on investments that would eventually yield revenue, or those really expensive things like your cadillac or whatever, on which a lump-sum amount would be idiotic. The thing to consider about interest is that you should be earning more than what you spend on interest, more likely with the use of your collateral. On a consumable like a guitar, just save. It'll be worth the wait anyway.
Jeries

taking a loan on a Cadillac is stupid- a new $65,000 caddy will loose about $25,000-35,000 the first time all 4 tires hit the pavement out of the dealership

when it comes to mercades/bmw/lexus ect... like 90% of them are leased and the other 10 are paid for in cash

financing a purchase on one of those is one of the most stupid finance things that could be done-- but so its paying for a car in cash...although so is leasing...
bottom line- a car in any way is the worst investment someone can make
ClarkyNZ

joshua202020 wrote:Talking financial, don't loan for a guitar. You could eat beans everyday to save that amount, but never loan for it. A loan is only really practically usable on investments that would eventually yield revenue, or those really expensive things like your cadillac or whatever, on which a lump-sum amount would be idiotic. The thing to consider about interest is that you should be earning more than what you spend on interest, more likely with the use of your collateral. On a consumable like a guitar, just save. It'll be worth the wait anyway.
I make money with my guitars. :)
joshua202020

Jeries wrote:financing a purchase on one of those is one of the most stupid finance things that could be done-- but so its paying for a car in cash...although so is leasing...
bottom line- a car in any way is the worst investment someone can make
You don't consider the car loan an investment, you consider making monthly payments instead of a single cash payment because paying an amount that big is definitely stupid and it could drain you of money that can be otherwise used for other investments.

And btw, I totally agree with you that a luxury car is the worst possible investment.
boswell

Jeries wrote:bottom line- a car in any way is the worst investment someone can make
A sweeping generalisation, it depends on the car :wink:

Nick Mason Pink Floyd Drummer would make a tidy profit if he sold this:

Jeries

a car is an awful investment....

lets say you buy a 20k dollar car cash...
and you drive it for a year....
and you crash it..
lets say insurance gives you 14k for the car... if its a total loss...

you just wasted $6k for driving a car for a year...

if you put zero down and financed it at 400 a month payments for 60 months

in the year before you crashed the car you're only in the car 4800 and if you have gap then you'd walk away free and clear.

nothing in the world you can spend $15000-50,000 losses its value like a car...the more you drive it the more it looses its value....

never ever buy a car cash (over lets say $5000-10,000)

and never take out a home equity line of credit so you can buy a new car cash- worst investment possible

i've worked with toyota for 3 yrs and have seen some people do fucked up dumb shit

i've seen people $20,000+ upside down in a car (owe $43000 on a car worth $20,000)

i've seen people with a 360 credit score (credit only goes from 450-850)

car=horrible investment
a car isnt even an 'investment'

unless your car says ferrari on it it will LOOSE value

(i saw a $100,000 porche selling for $20,000 that was 3-4 yrs old)

people take loans out for cars not for investments... because they're expensive and they're a nessesity for most people---
new cars give people a peace of mind they wont break for several years---

in the 70s people could drive a new car for 2-3 yrs then trade it in...after every year-2-or3
now they're so expensive they need to be financed and unless you put $3000-5000 down on a car you'll always be upside down for the most part

(upside down = owe more to a bank on the car than the car is worth)