Finance for a Jem7vwh?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
DEVIL82

Dose anyone know of a good music store/company who will agree to finance on a brand new Ibanez Jem7vwh in the UK?
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Never loan for something like an instrument, dude. Better save up and wait a little, because from the interest you pay on the loan you could buy another guitar....
DEVIL82

Well when you put it like that, i suppose saving is an option.
Cmon Lottery numbers :)
Jeries

you could buy on in america (or from america) and it will be like a 50% discount cuz the dollar is worthless
ClarkyNZ

Jeroen wrote:Never loan for something like an instrument, dude. Better save up and wait a little, because from the interest you pay on the loan you could buy another guitar....
You never know, there may be someone offering zero or very low interest rates, and the guitar should be a 'keeper' so look at it as an investment. 8)
boswell

Unless the finance is o% interest stay clear (even then the catch is normally no haggling on the purchase price) if you do really wanna buy on finance shop around for the best interest rate, not easy at the minute because the banks are kerbing lending ie. not lending to some people and high interest rates when they do. This is what the media mean when they speak of "Credit Crunch".
Saving is the best way, I bought my Mesa amp and Steinbergers this way, they feel even better when you know you own it. :D
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

ClarkyNZ wrote:
Jeroen wrote:Never loan for something like an instrument, dude. Better save up and wait a little, because from the interest you pay on the loan you could buy another guitar....
You never know, there may be someone offering zero or very low interest rates, and the guitar should be a 'keeper' so look at it as an investment. 8)
Paying interest on a loan doesn't constitute investment, but rather the opposite. It's throwing money away. Saving money, you *get* interest, that's free dough. It's a no brainer.

A loan for consumer products just doesn't make any sense what so ever. Your thirst for instant gratification is quenched until the next purchase burns in your pocket and meanwhile you're giving your hard earned cash away.

It's your dough, but in the end if you play it smart, you can own more for less.
J
boswell

Jeroen wrote: A loan for consumer products just doesn't make any sense what so ever.
Unless you can haggle on price and get interest free credit. :D
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

boswell wrote:
Jeroen wrote: A loan for consumer products just doesn't make any sense what so ever.
Unless you can haggle on price and get interest free credit. :D

Haggling over a price is not related to loans/credits or saving.

An interest free credit (if such a thing exists - nothing is free, so what's the catch?) still doesn't get you the interest you would get on your savings.

J
boswell

Jeroen wrote:
Haggling over a price is not related to loans/credits or saving.

An interest free credit (if such a thing exists - nothing is free, so what's the catch?) still doesn't get you the interest you would get on your savings.

Yes it can be related, stores offering interest free credit generally will not discount from the retail price.

Yes it does exist: http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/information ... ll&coid=14 infact many car dealers/manufacturers offer interest free credit on new cars.

The catch? They often won't discount from the recomended retail price, but as most punters are too afraid or unaware that they could get discounts just by asking they think they are onto a winner with interest free credit.

When I bought my Cannondale MTB I haggled the price down from the sticker price (Recomended Retail Price) then asked if he would put it on interest free credit which he reluctantly did when I mentioned I'd been looking in the 2nd Cannondale dealer in town. My cash in the bank continued earning interest whilst I paid for the bike monthly Interest Free
:D
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

The link you supplied doesn't allow access to the terms of the loan before you fill in all your stuff and make a purchase, so that's two big red flags.

See:
http://www.ratecity.com.au/personal-loa ... e-rip-off/

Look, whatever floats your boat, but to me it doesn't make sense to invite certain trouble for the sake of a consumable, trouble that could last years and at a hefty price.

J
notavirtuoso

Never finance anything that will depreciate. Ever.
boswell

Jeroen wrote:The link you supplied doesn't allow access to the terms of the loan before you fill in all your stuff and make a purchase, so that's two big red flags.

See:
http://www.ratecity.com.au/personal-loa ... e-rip-off/

Look, whatever floats your boat, but to me it doesn't make sense to invite certain trouble for the sake of a consumable, trouble that could last years and at a hefty price.

J

The link was just the first thing google brought up to prove it exists.

Your link really relates to interest free over part of the loan period.

There are genuine interest free deals available for the whole loan period, the catch as stated earlier is generally that you pay full retail price and often an initial deposit.

The whole thing is a bit like using a credit card use it wisely and your winning abuse it or dont read the small print and your in the shit pretty quick.
boswell

notavirtuoso wrote:Never finance anything that will depreciate. Ever.
Wise words :D
Ekim

Yeah, financing something like a guitar (or even using a credit card already in your possession for one) is just a really bad idea.

Everyone thinks that they can use credit to their advantage. Most of us have to learn the VERY hard way how easily that gets out of hand. I'm still paying interest on top of interest for foolish spending habits.

Don't do it. The longer you stay out of the banks' grips, the better off you'll be.