Kasuga info/Jem7vwh quest

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
DEVIL82

Hi everyone, i hope someone can help me.

Ive had this Kasuga jazz arch top guitar for over ten years...
...and ive never been able to find anything out about it.

It plays so well, the sound is great (Either acousticaly or plugged in) with no problems with the pickups or electrics. The neck is realy nice to play and feels good in the hand. There are some chips, dings and scratches which were genuinely on the guitar when i bought it, in a way i like it as i think it adds a certain character. Nothing has been changed or modded to the guitar, ive just kept it clean and change the strings and fast fret when needed.

I have been thinking about selling it recently, as it will help towards me getting my first ibanez Jem (7vwh) ...but it would be nice to know more about the Kasuga and what its worth/what people think its worth before i part company with it.

hope someone can help
Thanks
:)
DEVIL82

Well as an update i have been on vintaxe.com to see if they had a catalogue with my Kasuga in...but sadly it seems my guitar was made before the catalogues that were on the site...making it an early 70's model :D

As far as i know i will put it on EvilBay soon...i just hope that given as im trying to get a Jem7vwh...i hope it flys in auction.
DEVIL82

GOING ON EBAY TODAY/TOMOZ
teokiatuan

dude why a jem7? you can get it custom made for much cheaper.

i used to want a ibanez jem7 so bad, till they jacked up the prices again. i simply cannot justify paying so much for a jem7 anymore.

and furthermore with a custom you have more options,im sure you know...

consider it, will you..
DEVIL82

Yeah but lifes to short, ive owned almost every other guitars going (as prob most guitarists have) and i still consider after many years a JEM to be the holy grail....

you just gotta own one havent ya :D
teokiatuan

yea i gotta own one, but im custom making it..
guyver_dio

randomnessman wrote:yea i gotta own one, but im custom making it..
doesn't it bother you the fact that it's not an authentic jem made by ibanez?

guess I'm looking at it from a collector's point of view, I know if it's been properly made with the exact specifications it will play just as good. But as I know myself having waited and wanting so long to buy a jem then to finally own one, I don't think I'd feel exactly the same even if it were an amazingly accurate replica.
teokiatuan

well not really,compared with the fact that its much cheaper,

and i get my own options/color choice/being kinda different from all the jem7whs out there..

edit: now that you say it, the fact that it isn't 'authentic' is slowly eating away at my mind. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Devil82, read your private messages before posting again, please.

Jeroen
DEVIL82

Looks round for Jeroen...
___,,,' . . ',,,___
(Devil82 peeks out from his hidey hole)

Just to say, theres not long left on a cirtain kasuga on a non-particular site that might be on a web that i cant mention for the fear of being told off again, that encourages you to pay for things in many ways before a clock of no particular meaning stops counting down.....think that leaves it to the imagination :D