I hate getting old!

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
staggy2U

I hate getting old!

#1 Post by staggy2U » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:27 am

Well guys I'm 56 now going on 18 I've made aq few C.D.'s with an American he's awesome! this is me with my lefty budget Steve Vai Axe...

guyver_dio

#2 Post by guyver_dio » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:41 am

least you can look forward to being 18 again

lol just playing, I think even a few cd's is a good accomplishment, alot of musicians don't even get around to making one, usually growing away from performing and creating. I'm 20, have no cd's and already feel the pressure career wise and socially pulling me away from practice and recording. Growing up does suck at times, but I spose by your age you've learned from all the crap you gotta deal with and what's more important and involved yourself more in the things you love to do the most. That's what a 56 year old guy showing off his new axe tells me.

btw, you should make a myspace and upload some of your tunes from the cd's onto it and post it in the self-promotion section of the forum or something. Always a bit of a boost to get some feedback, even if it needs a little work, most ppl here will give constructive feedback.
Last edited by guyver_dio on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big Bad Bill

#3 Post by Big Bad Bill » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:53 am

Its not age itself that is the problem, but the attitude younger people have toward older people-this will never change. Also, at which point does one stop wearing trendy clothes/having a funky haircut etc because one looks daft?

One thing you can console yourself with, mate- advancing years comes to all of us-nobody escapes the march of time.

(by the way, is that a Zimmer frame just out of shot to the left of the photo!)

staggy2U

Cool...

#4 Post by staggy2U » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:11 am

Yep you guys are cool I have advanced with the dawn of time...yeah that is a trendy zimmer on wheels I call it my house Harley :lol:

I have some c.d.'s already on soundclick but this 'my space' sounds cool too ...staggs'

Keep pickin & a Strummin coz you guys Rock!...staggs

boswell

#5 Post by boswell » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:29 am

I think age is less of a problem these days now a larger amount of people are living longer.

Are those dressing gowns the "in thing" in Bristol? us Northerners are always a little behind the fashions. :D

Put link on here when you sort out a myspace.

staggy2U

Dressing Gowns

#6 Post by staggy2U » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:59 am

It's my old Bot Scouts habit 'Hard to get rid of'... Like, I'm saying to my Mrs 'Be Prepared. :lol: ...staggy

Mr Clark

Re: Dressing Gowns

#7 Post by Mr Clark » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:59 pm

staggy2U wrote:It's my old Bot Scouts habit
robotic scouts are around? the world is getting real dangerous :shock:

staggy2U

Scouts

#8 Post by staggy2U » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:41 pm

What are robotic scouts?..I was cracking a joke but that sounds serious like not very nice yeah?...staggy

Stephen Brown

#9 Post by Stephen Brown » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:28 am

BB king.

Aged 82.

John lee Hooker.

Aged 83.

Bo Diddley.

Aged 79.

Paul McCartney

Aged 65.

Jimmy Page

Aged 64.

E.C 62.

Mr Clark

Re: Scouts

#10 Post by Mr Clark » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:14 am

staggy2U wrote:What are robotic scouts?..I was cracking a joke but that sounds serious like not very nice yeah?...staggy
i was cracking a joke too.. i feel like that guy in the office.. no one laughs at his jokes :lol:

Big Bad Bill

#11 Post by Big Bad Bill » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:00 am

boswell wrote:I think age is less of a problem these days now a larger amount of people are living longer.
That's what we oldies like to believe. But if you could eaves drop on a 20 somethings conversation about us.....we're just grave dodgers!

Shade

#12 Post by Shade » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:36 am

Well, I just turned 18 yesterday, and I can say that it's really inspiring to see someone at that age continuing to rock :).

boswell

#13 Post by boswell » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:56 pm

Big Bad Bill wrote:
boswell wrote:I think age is less of a problem these days now a larger amount of people are living longer.
That's what we oldies like to believe. But if you could eaves drop on a 20 somethings conversation about us.....we're just grave dodgers!
I've noticed on the Air Cadet Squadron that kids arrive age 16, cocky little shits who know everything, then by age 19 or 20 when they've made it to instructor grade they sudden realise us oldies are the coolest people to be with.
They just soak up our infinite wisdom and tall stories :D

staggy2U

cool...

#14 Post by staggy2U » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:02 pm

I may be 56 but I have jammed with Cliff Moore Gary's Brother,The Marmalade sssioned for me in the recording studio (The Beatles fRIENDS) THEY ALL ORIGINATED FROM sCOTLAND BUT LIVE LOCALLY NOW...

Steve Amos Bass Guitarist from swinging Blue Jeans gave me a job a long time ago >>>Donavan from Small Axe whose cousin (A Girl) is in the band massive attack did some work for me he is a two tone rapper whateer that means...I have mixed with a few celebs over the years & they just act like they're nothing special...so I guess I have had fun!....staggy :lol:

boswell

Re: cool...

#15 Post by boswell » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:26 am

staggy2U wrote:I have mixed with a few celebs over the years & they just act like they're nothing special...so I guess I have had fun!....staggy :lol:

Still time for more fun...........if you want to grow old disgracefully :wink: