What do you guys think of

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Girv
Newcomer

What do you guys think of

#1 Post by Girv » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:11 pm

The GSZ120

I'm not a very very good guitarist but I'm not a beginner.

So I'm asking you what you guys think about it and any experiences you've had with it.

-Cheers, Girv

another virtuoso

#2 Post by another virtuoso » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:28 pm

if your not a beginner i dunno why you would want that guitar. it'll be the same as any other low end ibanez. I'd go for an RG550 if i were in your shoes. the 550 is a great bang for your buck guitar. kicks the shit out of the one your looking at and doesnt cost all that much more either.

the gsz120 has crap pickups, medium sized frets (yuck), and is a hard tail. if this isnt your first electric guitar, i'd stay away. get something thats a step up from where you are now. no sense in having 2 cheap guitars that are virtually the same!

Girv
Newcomer

#3 Post by Girv » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:09 pm

another virtuoso wrote:if your not a beginner i dunno why you would want that guitar. it'll be the same as any other low end ibanez. I'd go for an RG550 if i were in your shoes. the 550 is a great bang for your buck guitar. kicks the shit out of the one your looking at and doesnt cost all that much more either.

the gsz120 has crap pickups, medium sized frets (yuck), and is a hard tail. if this isnt your first electric guitar, i'd stay away. get something thats a step up from where you are now. no sense in having 2 cheap guitars that are virtually the same!

My first guitar (the one I am currently paying) Is my dad's Cort so its fairly old. I'll check out the 550.

cheers

Mr Clark

#4 Post by Mr Clark » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:40 pm

or try an rg350dx, nearer to the price range of the gsz120, the 350 REALLY kicks ass for what it's worth!

Shade

#5 Post by Shade » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:54 pm

Mr Clark wrote:or try an rg350dx, nearer to the price range of the gsz120, the 350 REALLY kicks ass for what it's worth!
Doesn't it have an unstable tremelo?

For the price I'd prefer something that I could at least keep in tune.

However, I have heard a lot of good things about it as well, and I know some have gotten it to work for them quite nicely.

Mr Clark

#6 Post by Mr Clark » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 am

well i can tell you about mine, i haven't had to modify the tuning in more than 2 weeks.. it stays in tune alright :P