Thank you Ibanez!

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Hub

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/archive/p ... S5470.html

This is so great, check out all the new stuff! I will buy at least one new guitar next year, thats for freakin sure!

New Edge Zero trem on the RG too! :D
TheOtnip

Wow, very cool. Anyone see the white finish and mirror pickguard on the RG2550Z? Very awesome.
Stephen Brown

I hope the colour schem is varied.
That TKS is beautiful.

Curreny Convert say....£834 or £794
Last edited by Stephen Brown on Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonecircle

Nice! I'm going to have the SV547 NBL. Has a mahogony body and maple top. I like that :). I already have a basswood RG2550 from 2003 run. Nice guitar as well. The IBZ Dimarzios are loud.
Stephen Brown

ZRII has D-drop on it.
RAI

I've been looking at those pix, and doesn't it look like the Drop-D doesn't clear the trem route?
Stephen Brown

RAI wrote:I've been looking at those pix, and doesn't it look like the Drop-D doesn't clear the trem route?
Good point. I'm sure it will though with a tweek. Myself I'd never use it. I like 4ths. That's the last thing you'd want. A hugh chip out of your new axe. Wap.Noooo
guyver_dio

correct me if i'm wrong but I thought it is supposed to rest on the actual body of the guitar so the trem doesn't drop back into the cavity and thus make everything else go out of tune. Only way I could see it working. Though I've never messed with detuning features like this before so I'm not totally clear on how it works.
bluesbreaker

It's great that thres an S of 24 frets, but to my experience, the S is too tight and metallish sounding and the mid single coil is too weak, sounds like a broken glass. However, the fews RGs that I tried had a more open sound, and sounds much better in lighter music and blues based stuff(the mid single coil si better as well).
I admit that I am looking for a "Siwss Army Knife" guitar rather than a Metal one. So is it just me?
My amp search is over, and I am looking for a new guitar for next year.
Stephen Brown

guyver_dio wrote:correct me if i'm wrong but I thought it is supposed to rest on the actual body of the guitar so the trem doesn't drop back into the cavity and thus make everything else go out of tune. Only way I could see it working. Though I've never messed with detuning features like this before so I'm not totally clear on how it works.
EVH Design-ish. It work by the metal screw pole taking the tension away from the main source. ie The trem.

Type D-Tuna, EVH should show.

Ibanez version look neater in comparison.
Hub

FRETPICK wrote:
guyver_dio wrote:correct me if i'm wrong but I thought it is supposed to rest on the actual body of the guitar so the trem doesn't drop back into the cavity and thus make everything else go out of tune. Only way I could see it working. Though I've never messed with detuning features like this before so I'm not totally clear on how it works.
EVH Design-ish. It work by the metal screw pole taking the tension away from the main source. ie The trem.

That is not a D-tuner, it's the intonation tool just put in place to show how it works, normally it is mounted in the little hole on the left of the trem. Just the same as the current ZRs.
Stephen Brown

Hub wrote:
FRETPICK wrote:

That is not a D-tuner, it's the intonation tool just put in place to show how it works, normally it is mounted in the little hole on the left of the trem. Just the same as the current ZRs.
Sorry. My mistake. Had me fooled. That's a cool tool. Tech's gonna be out of a job soon. :shock:
Seen the RG ZR trem compared with the S ZR?
Hub

Yeah, the Edge Zero has the intonation tool too. And the Zero Point backstop thingy like the current ZR aswell, I have removed that on my ZR however, wanted full flutter. 8) But it does give great stability to have it there if your wacking heavy at the strings.

And ALL trems now have the thumbscrew on the back for adjusting spring tension!
tonecircle

Only a Gibson is Good Enough! :P
teokiatuan

damn that improved(albeit similar looking to the previous version) RG2550 is great.. i've been wanting ona those.