A 24FRET S From IBANEZ!!!!

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
roryrockslinda

Wow! In alder and I wouldnt want another guitar!...that's a lie I want every guitar :p

Anyway Bridge pickup..D-sonic?
Stephen Brown

All that's left now is a 7 string S with 24 frets = Sorted.
notavirtuoso

FRETPICK wrote:All that's left now is a 7 string S with 24 frets = Sorted.
Now that would be cool. Anyone happen to know if the JS seven string proto has 22 or 24 frets? While we're on the subject, what pickups did Joe use on that?

I used to have an S470, my first Ibanez. Bought it in a pawn shop for $115 and played the shit out of it. I don't remember who I sold that to, but I'd pay $115 for it back.
Stephen Brown

Surtr wrote:Downpoint, only available in the US and maybe Japan... I hate that Ibanez only makes really good intruments for Japan (RG Extreme and J Custom) and the US.
That down point. That's not true is it? ala..No UK?

Can't see that Ibanez would leave such a hugh success out of the UK market.

GAK will stock them for sure. 8) If not them, then Machine Head....
TheOtnip

Unfortunately, the bad things I'm hearing about sustain (Rich from Ibanezrules.com can confirm) and the kinda dull pickups kind of lead me away from buying one. Note how he never really lets a note ring out with using the bar in the video.

Although, I've never had a guitar with good sustain, but if I'm paying that much, I don't like compromising on anything at all. Especially something you can't really fix.
hastx
Newcomer

That is a very nice machine ...I'll probably have to wait though...I just bought and RG1570.
Stephen Brown

TheOtnip wrote:
Unfortunately, the bad things I'm hearing about sustain (Rich from Ibanezrules.com can confirm) and the kinda dull pickups kind of lead me away from buying one. Note how he never really lets a note ring out with using the bar in the video.

Although, I've never had a guitar with good sustain, but if I'm paying that much, I don't like compromising on anything at all. Especially something you can't really fix.
I don't think you can call the craftsmanship & electrics into disrepute.
The instrument is of high caliber & tailored to what a musician mite need. Depending on your required task. A blank canvas, allowing you as the player to put your personality into the instrument.

As for the sustain. Both the player & the guitar have no trouble at achieving a "sustained note"