Mr. Van Halen Frankenstein replica

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Zeds.Ded

#31 Post by Zeds.Ded » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:09 pm

its a fernandes one, part of the package i think

Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

#32 Post by Jeroen » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:09 pm

quiksilver98 wrote: What is the pickup tucked in right beside the sustainer?
Nothing. Empty single coil sized dummy cover. And if you can't find the dummy's without pole piece gaps, take the cover of a single coil and tape it shut from the bottom to prevent shit getting in there that can rattle.

J

quiksilver98

#33 Post by quiksilver98 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:35 pm

Thanks Jeroen!!!!!!!

joshua202020

#34 Post by joshua202020 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:19 am

Yamaha could relic my guitar for $100.. :D

Logic

#35 Post by Logic » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:24 pm

I just wanna JEM.. 7V... undinged... clean.White .ready to rock.. $25.000????!?!!?!?! The Jimmy Page Les Paul replica was the same money but at least you weren't getting a POG!!! G stands for garbage.. :) It was a fully functioning Les Paul. This is the worst replica guitar out there. hands down. Mr. Van Halen never should have let Fender do this. OR.. Let Fender do it but sell it for what it's worth. $180.00. It would have taught kids that they can play great guitar music without spilling all there money. The JEM does that. You can't get a straight up Les Paul for less than $2500.00 USD's.

brentm

#36 Post by brentm » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:20 pm

Logic wrote:I just wanna JEM.. 7V... undinged... clean.White .ready to rock.. $25.000????!?!!?!?! The Jimmy Page Les Paul replica was the same money but at least you weren't getting a POG!!! G stands for garbage.. :) It was a fully functioning Les Paul. This is the worst replica guitar out there. hands down. Mr. Van Halen never should have let Fender do this. OR.. Let Fender do it but sell it for what it's worth. $180.00. It would have taught kids that they can play great guitar music without spilling all there money. The JEM does that. You can't get a straight up Les Paul for less than $2500.00 USD's.
Yeah, I think the moral of the story here is that everyone just needs to find their own #1 guitar. You could spend endless amounts of cash buying some other famous star's replica of a #1, but it's no closer to what your #1 would be than my 80 dollar Moridira I purchased at the Goodwill (which is a damn fine guitar, and the best 80 bucks I spent on a fiddle EVER).

I have a JEM 7V and I love it. It's not my #1. Infact, I don't feel like my playing ability matches the guitar... so I don't play it often. I do have a 90's strat that I consider my #1. It's pretty unremarkable, but I love the way it plays and I love the way it sounds. It cost me 800 bucks and I drag it around the house. I don't think about dings or chips (well, small ones)... it's just a fun guitar to play and I consider that my #1.

This whole relic thing has gotten way out of control. And at the end of the day, it's not the guitar but your playing ability. There are so many great players out there that play guitars that cost a 100th of these high dough guitars....

Just my .02.

Shade

#37 Post by Shade » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:23 pm

I wonder how it will be until we find a video of someone purchasing the guitar, then walking out of the guitar store and smashing it on the concrete just for shock value.

Scary thing is though, I don't think it would look that much different after the smashing...

aerocol

#38 Post by aerocol » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:29 am

Hi!!!

Last night I hand th epleasure of checking the EVH replica out... the only one in the UK....

Hmmmm yes its very authentic to EVH's frankenstein from what I felt, saw and heard. They really have tried to get it exact in every way and it did look like a really old used guitar ( apart from the frets ). Whilst it was full of dings, scratches and nicks, it is not a piece of garbage. I really am not into the whole relic thing whatsoever, but this was a fully functioning guitar. The frankenstein is one of those odd laws of physics that happened by chance and just works and this guitar captures that sound. It does nothing else - a one trick pony , but does that trick well. They even painted the guitar black and white, then repaineted in red to make it truly like the original.

It was lighter than expected, wide neck but quite thin, fairly high action and actually felt really nice. Not worth £15000 though...

The seymour in it sounded good.... and I was told the neck pickup whilst not selectable was actually a working pickup and not just a dud...

Col

bancika

#39 Post by bancika » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:44 pm

aerocol wrote: The seymour in it sounded good.... and I was told the neck pickup whilst not selectable was actually a working pickup and not just a dud...
Col
wow!!! a working pickup for 15000 quid, can't beat the value :D

aerocol

#40 Post by aerocol » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:51 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

minus pickup cover of course LOL

:lol:

StevieRayVai

Saw it

#41 Post by StevieRayVai » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:55 am

It was at my local guitar center, not even in the Vault! It was hanging up really high on the far left, insane, $25,000. I would love it just to say to most people, my guitar is worth more than your car

bancika

#42 Post by bancika » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:21 am

yeah, but most people wouldn't believe *that* is worth 25000$ (including me). If the point is to look expensive, check out double neck PRS, engraved dragons and stuff all over the body - 32000$ at 48th street sam ash. :shock: