Mr. Van Halen Frankenstein replica

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
quiksilver98

Replica guitars are dumb imo. They most of all look like crap because it is a replic and probably don't sound to good unless its the artist of the replic they plays it.

I'm not saying I wouldn't buy one. ex. If Vai released a replica "Flo" without all the bumps and scratches, I would buy it
Zeds.Ded

it wouldnt be a replica then :lol:
quiksilver98

it would be a siglica.
notavirtuoso

Big Bad Bill wrote:
notavirtuoso wrote:Didn't they do a similar priced SRV relic a few years ago? I can't seem to find anything on it, but I could swear they did. It was kind of the same deal as the EVH, being an EXACT replica but I don't know. Maybe I just smoked too much pot in my younger days.
Yeah, they did it only a few months ago!
Oh ok, that makes sense. I had heard about maybe this past spring, but the person that was telling me about it gave the impression it had happened a year or so previous. Thanks for clearing that up.
Logic

Mr. FRETPICK,
Are you talking about Hendrix's Guitar or a replica of Hendrix's guitar?
Hendrix's guitar, the one he played, would be worth alot of money.
brentm

quiksilver98 wrote:it would be a siglica.
Why don't you put a sustainer in your JEM? You're already 99 percent of the way there and Steve Brand could do a sustainer for you... and they're available in white.
brentm

Logic wrote:Mr. FRETPICK,
Are you talking about Hendrix's Guitar or a replica of Hendrix's guitar?
Hendrix's guitar, the one he played, would be worth alot of money.
Fender released a 1969 Stratocaster NOS Relic. It's only like 2 grand... Think of all the money you'd save!
slash89

Logic wrote:
brentm wrote:Musicians Friend has it in-stock and ready to ship. For a mere $25,000.00 USD.

Van Halen was one of the greatest rock bands of the 80s... but this is just cashing in on that success in my opinion. I'd never spend that kind of dough on something like this.

25,000.00 USD?????
No way. If I were Bill Gates I wouldn't do that
Ditto :wink:
BorgAngel

http://www.theamericanguitarstore.com/

Nice site. This guy has about 7 of that guitars... I didn't believe it if I hadn't seen them myself. I bought my guitar and amp at this place. The store rocks Micheal Angelo has bin there. And the owner smoked a cigarette with Satch... So unfair...
Logic

Mr. BorgAngel,
That guy has sold four of these guitars!
That's $100.000.00 USDs! Unbeleivable.
The idle rich I suppose. Come to think of it, I bet they were bought
by Hard Rock Cafe or the like.
Masi

I think this replica thing is getting out of hand. It's been done so much it does'nt even feel special anymore. As for the EVH...well I thing the fittingest tribute any one could pay Eddie is to figure out what they themselves would like to use and personalize it for themselves if necessary.

I dont think I could even play that 25 grand "piece of crap". (Sorry but that's what it is...) Ed sounds like a million bucks though...
Logic

Mr, Masi,
Thank you!
People have voice opinions about this deal and good opinions I might add.
But, finally! someone coming right out and saying it. POJ!!! Garbage. and so on. It's nice to know , I'm not desacrating the rock powers that be. Kewl.
andy82

thats insane anyone would want to pay $25,000 for a 'replica' guitar. Imagine how much gear you can get for that price! A few JEMs, Carvin Legacy, some nice effects units and you'll still have cash spare.
bancika

andy82 wrote:thats insane anyone would want to pay $25,000 for a 'replica' guitar. Imagine how much gear you can get for that price! A few JEMs, Carvin Legacy, some nice effects units and you'll still have cash spare.
Totally agreed, even if I had that money I'd never spend it on guitar, especially ruined one.
quiksilver98

brentm wrote:
quiksilver98 wrote:it would be a siglica.
Why don't you put a sustainer in your JEM? You're already 99 percent of the way there and Steve Brand could do a sustainer for you... and they're available in white.
If I get the money I will, this will be my Flo siglica, hahaha. It would be cool having a semi replica of flo on tour with me. What is the pickup tucked in right beside the sustainer?