strats with floyd rose

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Bababoey

im having a hard time finding any fender strats with locking trems on musiciansfriend.com or samash.com.

i just want to find one from an online store so i can see the stats and price range (i cant even find a rose equiped strat on the fender website, so maybe they dont come like that from the factory?)

so any links would be awesome.

plus, does anyone have any experience with floyd rose strats? is it worth it?? Iron Maiden sparked this intrest haha.
TonyMacalpine

they are sort of a rarity. The Sambora strat had one and the Maiden strat has one, but other than that, I can't think of another strat I've seen with one that wasn't modded. You might want to look into something like www.Warmoth.com. They can custom make you a strat body (they are licensed under the fender patent), and make it so that it accommodates an OFR. It might be sort of pricey, but I think it will be pricey anyway you cut this hombre...that is if you stick to the fender thing.

bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey, howard stern's penis.
V-type

TonyMacalpine wrote:bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey, howard stern's penis.
wtf? o_0
al

Jama Boba, Jima Boba, Slima Boba Boogie To the tune of slima Billy Lookin' like you're mighty silly Say what, You got a pumpkin in yo pants
quiksilver98

Bababoey wrote:im having a hard time finding any fender strats with locking trems on musiciansfriend.com or samash.com.

i just want to find one from an online store so i can see the stats and price range (i cant even find a rose equiped strat on the fender website, so maybe they dont come like that from the factory?)

so any links would be awesome.

plus, does anyone have any experience with floyd rose strats? is it worth it?? Iron Maiden sparked this intrest haha.

I have one, it works good. Only thing is a lot of routing has to be done.
TonyMacalpine

V-type wrote:
TonyMacalpine wrote:bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey, bababoohey, howard stern's penis.
wtf? o_0
its a howard stern show thing. don't worry about it.
Bababoey

can you imagine steve vai on the sybian.

anyways, thanks for the info so far guys.