Can't believe I saw it...

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
lydian2000

#16 Post by lydian2000 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:35 am

brother al wrote:either wawy still looks like a crap piece of plastice
at last someone who agrees with me on the 20th!

in comparison I find R1RSF's customized JEM ( http://vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9050&highlight= ) ten thousand times more beautiful, o.k it"lights up" but it's still plastic(tone, anyone?)and still very expensive even as a collector's item.

And green is not my favourite colour too.

:wink:

quiksilver98

#17 Post by quiksilver98 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:03 pm

lydian2000 wrote:
brother al wrote:either wawy still looks like a crap piece of plastice
at last someone who agrees with me on the 20th!

in comparison I find R1RSF's customized JEM ( http://vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9050&highlight= ) ten thousand times more beautiful, o.k it"lights up" but it's still plastic(tone, anyone?)and still very expensive even as a collector's item.

And green is not my favourite colour too.

:wink:
Agreed!

another virtuoso

#18 Post by another virtuoso » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:58 pm

Zeds.Ded wrote: (would of preferred those squiggles/swirls on a black body rather than the acrylic)
its not on the outside of the body like a normal swirl guitar. they actually run around on the inside of the body. its really a sight to see. very different and cool looking in person.
i havent seen any pictures that are a real 100% true representation of what this guitar looks like.
i wont guarantee you'd like it, but i think its gotta be seen in person to really be appreciated.

guyver_dio

#19 Post by guyver_dio » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:21 pm

meh I don't mind it, I haven't seen it in person but I could imagine the colours of the swirls would be much more visible and stronger then you see in most pictures you see of it. I think it's because they are behind a reflective shiny surface it looks washed out in photos. Definitely a night guitar, no-one could argue it doesn't look pretty damn cool when lit up in darkness. Not that that makes it worth the price, I'd probably agree it's overpriced. But that's limited edition collectibles for you.

Zeds.Ded

#20 Post by Zeds.Ded » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:28 am

oh yeh i have seen it in person at the LGS, but never noticed that they were inside the body, would love to get a better look around one or even play one! i personally think the guitar is a work of art (modern art)

Mr. Supertron

#21 Post by Mr. Supertron » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:27 am

I am from Canada also and I must say that prices for things here can get quite high. I can't tell you the price of a JEM because I don't know and never saw one. On the AXE music website I believe the normal white one is $2500 approx. I am sure the stores in NS would charge a lot more.
I find that a lot of guitars that you people on here talk about are never in any store around here to play. You can always find an RG at the music stores but you really can't find anythings else. But we have one great store that is in Halifax that carries the biggest selection of Ibanez in the city. The other stores only seem to have Squir,OLP, Godin( the cheap ones) epiphone and usually one or two really expensive Gibsons.
I know that the price of an S470DXQM is $799. I got mine used for $699.
For a JS100 at one store was $899. The same guitar at another store was $1099. I thouhgt $899 was too much but thats just me.
In conclusion everything around here is an insane ripoff

Cathedral
Newcomer

#22 Post by Cathedral » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:28 am

another virtuoso wrote:its not on the outside of the body like a normal swirl guitar. they actually run around on the inside of the body. its really a sight to see. very different and cool looking in person.
i havent seen any pictures that are a real 100% true representation of what this guitar looks like.
i wont guarantee you'd like it, but i think its gotta be seen in person to really be appreciated.
Very true, I saw one at the London Guitar Show and was more impressed after seeing it in person, I still don't entirely dig it though.

Janitor

#23 Post by Janitor » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:53 pm

If you were to buy it it would be for show. i heard it weighs about 20 pounds because of what its made of. now its about 6 grand i saw one too but didnt play it. i like it alot i think vai really put alot of thought in it

quiksilver98

#24 Post by quiksilver98 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:51 pm

Mr. Supertron wrote:I am from Canada also and I must say that prices for things here can get quite high. I can't tell you the price of a JEM because I don't know and never saw one. On the AXE music website I believe the normal white one is $2500 approx. I am sure the stores in NS would charge a lot more.
I find that a lot of guitars that you people on here talk about are never in any store around here to play. You can always find an RG at the music stores but you really can't find anythings else. But we have one great store that is in Halifax that carries the biggest selection of Ibanez in the city. The other stores only seem to have Squir,OLP, Godin( the cheap ones) epiphone and usually one or two really expensive Gibsons.
I know that the price of an S470DXQM is $799. I got mine used for $699.
For a JS100 at one store was $899. The same guitar at another store was $1099. I thouhgt $899 was too much but thats just me.
In conclusion everything around here is an insane ripoff
Every guitar out there is overpriced, the store or the Sales Rep probably gets the JEM7VWH for about $500-$800 max and then they sell it tot he stores for like $1700 and then the store marks it up for profit to like $2099(common price).

Booligan

#25 Post by Booligan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:27 am

it sells for 3820 euros here. had one in my hands yesterday :)

EyE

#26 Post by EyE » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:13 am

I think the 20th Jem looks really great and every 20th is one of a kind. But I've seen a few 20th's now this last 6 months and the one Steve's has is by fare the coolest. The multi color look in that one is well spread through out the body. The MC look on the one you posted doesn't look nice to me. But hey, it's still a Jem 20th.