Jay Turser Guitar - is it playable.

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Taylor

Just for fun, during a "bad" time in life I placed a bid on this guitar. And naturally, I won the bidding, for wich I'm glad. I think it will be a beautiful piece in my home. So does my wife. We're both looking forward to have it home.

Does anyone know how those Jay Turser Guitars play?
Do I get what I pay for (not much ($400))? Or is it actually something that works?
Should I have it as a fun project to replace almost all hardware, starting with the pick up's?

Will it be a new furniture or a new guitar?

Jeries

i remember seeing that same guitar and also a cherry sunburst one at MUSIC GO ROUND in phoenix when i just started playing at like 13 or 14 and fell in love with it...i remember playing it...and also have played one recently...its not a bad guitar...at all..
i love the inlays and it felt great
i wouldnt trade it for one of my Ibanez RG's any day but its a cool guitar and must cheaper than a PRS Dragon
Lotus Eater

As long as you like it, That's all that matters dude.
Zeds.Ded

who cares how it plays! look at the thing!!!
theollieb

Man, Jay tursers are great and usually quite cheap! That one looks AWESOME!
beggz

I think It looks ace & personally I'd have bought it myself !!
Cool Geetar dude
Taylor

Thanks 4 all your responses! It really feels good to hear that you like it and that it's not just me.

The first thing that struck me was the interesting purple sunburst color. I can't recall that I personally have seen a color like that on a guitar.
I felt like, hmmm... that would be a nice eye catcher in my living room. At a second glance I noticed the dragon inlay and knew I have to have it for that price.

How much I do like to play/preform Vai and Satriani, I even more enjoy to play Thin Lizzy and Gary Moore. So I really hope this one can be just a little bit more than "just a backup guitar". I think it would be nice to play ZZ Top/Thin Lizzy kind of music on this Les Paul look alike body.
(I just picture myself letting it go on Parisienne Walkways. Ahhhh 8) )

My Jem will naturally stay as my main guitar for 85 %.
Normally I'm some kind of an Ibanez freak coming to guitars. But this feels like something else..... If you know what I mean....
VaiEvo

Jay Tursers play nicely, but they're not amazing. I'd take one over an Ibanez other than a JEM. The only major complaint I have is electronics; switch in some decent electronics and the guitar's pretty good.
Taylor

It took 30 days for me to recieve the guitar. But it was well worth the wait. I been playing it since friday.
I feel I got exactly what I paid for and expected. I got a nice playable instrument. It stays in tune very well. And most of all, it got the LOOKS.
It simply looks amazing.

However, it's easy to say that this 400$ guitar doesn't sound quite as good as my JEM555. But at least it sounds ok. I like it so much that I'm considering to change pickups. This will be a terrific back up guitar wich will really make me feel good to pick up.

This little one deserves to be under a spotlight. The purple color and the serpent together is just - WoW :shock: .
bancika

yeah, they look great for the price. I mean, I don't like neck inlay, it's to overcrowded for me, but I assume they have more modest variations.
Congrats