Looking for single coil sized dimarzio humbucker for neck

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
FretboardFiend21

Hi,

I've got a charvel with a jackson j90 c full sized humbucker in the bridge which I love but its got a dual rail single coil sized humbucker in the neck, It's ok for clean stuff but I want to get a pickup with more gain to replace it with, I'm after a more "liquid" lead tone that sounds cool with sweep picking etc. I've been looking at some dimarzio pups and I think the Air Norton S and the Chopper both seem like they could be good. Ideally I want to get a pickup with the dual rails because I like the look of them.
Any advice on what to get would be great :)

Many Thanks,
Paul G
Lucky

Check out this page of some blade pickups made by Duncan. The Hot Rails pickup comes to mind here but there are others. :)

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/s ... lsforStrat
FretboardFiend21

Hey, thanks, the hot rails one looks pretty sweet, dave murray uses it and hes deffo got that liquid lead sound I'm after. I'll do some research :)

Paul G
R1FSR

Give Max a call hell sort you out with what you need

http://www.cottamguitars.co.uk/
Zeds.Ded

BUY THE HOT RAILS MAN!!!!! my freind has in his strat and MAN does that thing scream!

p.s. sorry for shouting :D
nickdeluca

I'd recommend the Jb Jr. It's the best sounding neck pickup I've used. Its very smooth sounding, and all the pole pieces are adjustable. It has a nice high output (less than the hot rails tho) yet it doesn't distort w/ a clean tone. Also, if you wire it with a push/pull pot and use series/parallel wiring, you can really get alot it - w/ parallel the sound comes closer to a single coil and is great for softer, clean pieces. I have heard good things about the hot rail and such, but I haven't personally tried any pickups from Dimarzio nor many others from Duncan. So, I can't really compare against other pickups first hand.
VaiEvo

Check out the DiMarzio HS-3, or the HS-2. They're stacked humbuckers, I'm pretty sure Yngwie Malmsteen uses the HS-3 in the bridge position.
Rachmaninoff

I have a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in my second guitar, in the neck position.
The gain is really high, and it is amazing with distortion.
However, its clean sound is terrible...
FretboardFiend21

Hey, thanks everyone, I think I'm gonna go with the hot rails, only thing now is, I dont know whether to get it in black or white? lol the guitars black but I think it might look quite cool in white.... my life is soo difficult lol
Lucky

I'd go with black but you're really on your own on this one. ;)
Zeds.Ded

its cool to have one odd pick up out!
FretboardFiend21

I tried out a mates strat copy with a hot rail in the neck and it sounded sweet so I'm deffo gonna go for it, decided to get it in white and I'm gonna get some of those pink DR 9-42s jus to top it off! haha its gonna be sweet! I'll put up a pic when its ready to rock n' roll
Cheers
Paul G
FretboardFiend21

All done, sounds sweet as!
Here she is:

Enjoy! :p
Zeds.Ded

nice! looks the pigs poxers ;)
Lucky

Glad it worked out! 8) That guitar looks a lot like my old Fusion Deluxe. Anyway, now she needs an OFR! :twisted: