breed / evo question

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
andredudeguy
Newcomer

well I was planning on changing the neck pick up on my soloing guitar which is an Ibanez Prestige S 1220 and I wanted to get a similar sound to that of Steve's sound on the song "For the Love Of God" so I was wondering if I should get the evo or the breed for something similar.
funnyguy12

Do u want to have the original PAW sound. or the more recent Flo sound. because they both dont use the breed pup at all. the Flo sound is just the Evo in bridge since there is a sustainer in the neck. But for the PAW sound you would need,um i think that u would need like a PAF pro since the song was made before either the breed pup or evo pups were even in production.

I would go with the Evo in the neck. thats a great pickup. awesome sound.

Hope this helps.

Yea, cuz when Steve played FTLOG on G3, he used Evo which had a both the evo in neck and bridge.
vaiisagoodguitarplayer

I'd stay away from the Breeds if you really want a nice P&W sound. even though he used the PAF pups, the EVOs come pretty close.
andredudeguy
Newcomer

yeah thanks guys I think im going to go with the Paf Pro because I want a more subtle warm sound and Ill just get the evo for my other guitar but thank you for your answers.
seljer

or Evo in the bridge + PAF Pro in the neck
funnyguy12

seljer wrote:or Evo in the bridge + PAF Pro in the neck
that would be good too.
jun_gats
Newcomer

depending in your guitar wood, if it's harder go for evo's.
llamahead

or maybe you can go with a breed in the neck position and EVO in the bridge position, maybe? . . . . . atleast that's what i want to do
resha

seljer wrote:or Evo in the bridge + PAF Pro in the neck
That's my actual configuration 8)

And it sounds great :!: