DAVE WEINER Petition to mass produce his guitar

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Paul_R
Newcomer

All,

I created a post on Jemsite regarding the Ibanez DW guitar production. I created the post on Jemsite since Ibanez and Mr. Tak Hosono review the site from time to time. If the results are good, I plan to send a letter to Ibanez regarding the DW Signature guitar and to review the post.

If you are a Jemsite member (I know some are here) please click on the link below to vote and/or comment:

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70459

Regards,
Paul
boswell

No thanks there is enough "hero worship" signature models on the market already!
Paul_R
Newcomer

boswell wrote:No thanks there is enough "hero worship" signature models on the market already!
"Hero Worship?" Interesting point of view you have there. Dave's not my hero nor do I worship him. Sorry Dave! :lol:

Dave's contribution to music inspires me to create music just like Steve and others do. I would like to see the guitar put into production simply because the looks of the DW guitars and the specs.
Plus, I believe Dave has worked hard for it. :wink:

On another note, I meant to add the pictures and specs of the DW guitars:

ImageImage
Stephen Brown

This is done by a Dave Weiner fan called TWOOOS. All credit must go to him
for an official effort. Although sentence structure needs a tiny check.

http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?n ... ition.html
Dave Weiner is a world class player.
twooos

FRETPICK wrote:This is done by a Dave Weiner fan called TWOOOS. All credit must go to him
for an official effort. Although sentence structure needs a tiny check.

http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?n ... ition.html
Dave Weiner is a world class player.

Thanks very much FRETPICK :D

But yeah, everyone get on that link and start signing!!

If we want that guitar we need to be serious about it, and spread the word!!

boswell

It's interesting how once upon a time most guitar players craved custom guitars built to their own specs, now the majority appear to aspire to own facsimile of a renowned players. :o
Stephen Brown

boswell wrote:It's interesting how once upon a time most guitar players craved custom guitars built to their own specs, now the majority appear to aspire to own facsimile of a renowned players. :o
Did you sign the ......... line?
roryrockslinda

Hell yeah I could go for a Dave Weiner guitar!

And on the "Guitar players used to crave guitars to their own specs" we all still do, I'm getting a carvin come January-ish time that has will be to my specs, I'm going to have a luthier build me a custom guitar at some point too (amazing prices, he's not proffesional though it's just his hobby) it's just that first of all 7 string RGs that aren't in black or blue or some other dull colour, finally! Also the guitars are actually very good, and finally Dave deserves to have signature models, if Mick Thomson of Slipknot and Noodles of the Offspring deserve signature models Dave Weiner definately does.
boswell

roryrockslinda wrote: and finally Dave deserves to have signature models, if Mick Thomson of Slipknot and Noodles of the Offspring deserve signature models Dave Weiner definately does.
Guitar manufacturers are not interested in who "deserves" a signature model, who's name will sell the most over priced guitars is the driving force.
twooos

boswell wrote:
roryrockslinda wrote: and finally Dave deserves to have signature models, if Mick Thomson of Slipknot and Noodles of the Offspring deserve signature models Dave Weiner definately does.
Guitar manufacturers are not interested in who "deserves" a signature model, who's name will sell the most over priced guitars is the driving force.
Yeah well, most people who signed the petition also said they will buy it. I guess Ibanez will just have to trust us.

GET THIS THING SIGNED!!
Stephen Brown

boswell wrote:
I would like to think that a sig model is granted upon all manners professionalism. In that you would become an ambassador with & for the company.

I truly believe the above. +

Japan=Honor.
TheOtnip

Well you know, they can take Dave Weiner's name off it and I'd still buy it. They look like amazing guitars.
boswell

FRETPICK wrote: I would like to think that a sig model is granted upon all manners professionalism. In that you would become an ambassador with & for the company.

Japan=Honor.
Japan may = honor but they are in business to make money. Thinking like you guitar manufacturers would be bankrupt in side 6 months.
Stephen Brown

boswell wrote:
FRETPICK wrote: I would like to think that a sig model is granted upon all manners professionalism. In that you would become an ambassador with & for the company.

Japan=Honor.
Japan may = honor but they are in business to make money. Thinking like you guitar manufacturers would be bankrupt in side 6 months.
If that's the case then I think that a DW axe would make money. :wink:

All businesses are prone to economical viability in the market place.
boswell

The question is how many people would buy it? How many albums does he sell a year, how many people go to see "his" band and how many of those people are guitarists? If the numbers are few then stand by for either a very expensive guitar or no guitar!