IBANEZ xv500 1985 MADE IN JAPAN- INFO PLEASE

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
joestevevai

IBANEZ xv500 1985 MADE IN JAPAN- INFO PLEASE

#1 Post by joestevevai » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:56 pm

IBANEZ xv500 1985 MADE IN JAPAN

Does Anyone please know anything bout this guitar (eg- does the trem stay in tune and is it any good.)

wallbuster
Newcomer

Re: IBANEZ xv500 1985 MADE IN JAPAN- INFO PLEASE

#2 Post by wallbuster » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:10 pm

I can tell you they are one of a kind. As far as the trem... its killer, but it is not a floating system so you can only bend down, not pull up. some people think this means they are garbage, but some people just dumb. When properly set up, the trem base unit should be flat against the body with very little height to prevent pull back if any at all. the trem plate is pivoted so it will still bend down when depressed. if that is set up proper you are golden. stays in tune like any edge system or Floyd rose. and I beat mine hard. Plus its much quicker & easier to string and retune than any floating system and offers even greater sustain with a fixed position which is doubled up again with the rank V5 pickups...

the neck and quality are no less than what a person could expect from ANY Gibson Less Paul I have ever played. the action is incredible and lets me sweep like Malmsteen, and it plays with perfect intonation. ive played rg's for years and I stand by them.... but this is the first Ibanez outside the relm of the rg's I can say is a true classic. I keep it for its style and it is exeptionaly built better than most of the RG line. The same as the Best RG's to say the least. I am saying Buy it bud!.

If I lost my XV, I would loose my mind. I would never trade it for even a 2000 dollar guitar because if Ibanez ever reissued these, they would be even more. $600 new in 1985 too 2015... do the math. A fender strat was less than $700 in 1985. I have unit number 3060. have seen units upwards of 3690. so contrary to the rumors (600 or 800 or 1800 units) there are at least 3690 combined XV units made. They were made at both the Terada & Fujun Japan factories during 84/85. No idea how many of each of the two colors. I have seen 4 blue xv 500s in my life But I have never seen a purple one.

Hope that helps.