what kind of jem?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
bad horsie12
Newcomer

hey, i was looking at some jem pictures on the web and i came across some good ones. But there was one i had never seen before and i think it looks pretty darn cool. is this a custom or an old guitar or a new one coming out? here's a link :

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r94/ ... eview2.jpg

now, i have a friend that makes all kinds of guitars, and the minute he saw this even he was amazed! does anyone know how this guitar was made and how they get the colored lines and see-through body? or, is the picture a fake pic that was edited in something like photoshop.

thanks,
bad horsie12
j.arledge

bad horsie12 wrote:hey, i was looking at some jem pictures on the web and i came across some good ones. But there was one i had never seen before and i think it looks pretty darn cool. is this a custom or an old guitar or a new one coming out? here's a link :

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r94/ ... eview2.jpg

now, i have a friend that makes all kinds of guitars, and the minute he saw this even he was amazed! does anyone know how this guitar was made and how they get the colored lines and see-through body? or, is the picture a fake pic that was edited in something like photoshop.

thanks,
bad horsie12

that is the 20th anniversy jem , it will be released at Winter NAMM here in 2 weeks .
ibanezrg

Just to let you know, the pics of the JEM 20th are fake.
Ace628

ibanezrg wrote:Just to let you know, the pics of the JEM 20th are fake.
they are? but isnt there like a vid of it? or are you saying that its just not it as a whole?
ibanezrg

Ace628 wrote:
they are? but isnt there like a vid of it? or are you saying that its just not it as a whole?
This was written by Moderator777:

"I think you should all base your thoughts after the NAMM debut. Anything you hear of or see of before hand may not be what you'll be getting in the final product. The videos I have seen are certainly shit and not properly representing the new Jem.

Wait for the debut in NAMM. "

:wink:
Ace628

ibanezrg wrote:
Ace628 wrote:

"I think you should all base your thoughts after the NAMM debut. Anything you hear of or see of before hand may not be what you'll be getting in the final product. The videos I have seen are certainly shit and not properly representing the new Jem.

oh ok :D cool :D
leigh01

Ace628 wrote:
ibanezrg wrote:
Ace628 wrote:they are? but isnt there like a vid of it? or are you saying that its just not it as a whole?

oh ok :D cool :D
I think though that picture might be the real deal, that looks :shock: awesome. :shock:
Ace628

yeah it does..lol..but you never know..maybe it is the real deal.

he just said it maynot be. lol
ibanezrg

Ace628 wrote:yeah it does..lol..but you never know..maybe it is the real deal.

Here's what someone said that works for Ibanez:

Written by JAY13:

"And guys...the pictures of the 20th JEM that seem to be all over Jemsite and other forums they are fake and/or unofficial. "

That's from the official Ibanez forum. I would recommend looking at that forum for information about the new JEM20th, rather than the Vai forum.
bad horsie12
Newcomer

hey guys, i didn't know what kind of jem this was or if it 20th anniversary or not, sorry for the confusion. I don't know if it is or not, nor do i care until i see it for sure at NAMM. I have the upmost respect for mr. vai's privacy and didn't think this would turn out this way. I believe this should be a secret until NAMM, so i'm not promoting that this is the new jem. The reason i started this was to get info on how to go about painting this design and with what material. so sorry for the confusian, but i didn't start this to start saying "check out the new 20th guitar".

so, any ideas how to get a clear body material and how to paint this? :D
Moderator777

Hey everyone, please be patient for the NAMM happening mid this month. You will be presented with a realistic review of the guitar in the forum or somewhere on Vai.com. Just keep posted here. Don't trust the other people and their crappy cellphone photos or video. ;)

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
leigh01

ibanezrg wrote:

Written by JAY13:

"And guys...the pictures of the 20th JEM that seem to be all over Jemsite and other forums they are fake and/or unofficial. "

That's from the official Ibanez forum. I would recommend looking at that forum for information about the new JEM20th, rather than the Vai forum.
Yeah but I bet they'r just rapidly changing the look's of it now for a big hype. :lol:
ibanezrg

leigh01 wrote:
ibanezrg wrote:

Written by JAY13:

Yeah but I bet they'r just rapidly changing the look's of it now for a big hype. :lol:
Changing the looks of what??
leigh01

ibanezrg wrote:
leigh01 wrote:
ibanezrg wrote:Here's what someone said that works for Ibanez:

Written by JAY13:

The jem.
ibanezrg

leigh01 wrote:
ibanezrg wrote:
leigh01 wrote:

The jem.
Oh :oops: :lol: