I'm freaked out

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
al

I'm seriously freaked out... remember ages ago, for fun i made a flying al guitar i was gona make eventually...???

I.e - This

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/ ... yingal.jpg

WELL! new ibanez models for next year and i noticed this guitar it s a7 string i think its a munky guitar or something..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/ ... x1-bbk.jpg

BUT LOOK AT THE FRETBOARD!!!! ...maybe i shud sure ibanez or something...

Im not sure if its really a good thing or bad thing... im tihnkin bad since i designed it first and it meant something... >:(

Now when i eventually make mine they'll think i copied that >:( >:(

im still freaked
ClarkyNZ

Have another Guiness, and sit down to write them a nice friendly letter. With a bit of luck you might get a nice new guitar. :lol:
Stephen Brown

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/ ... x1-bbk.jpg
^
Narr they are showing people how to play arps. :lol: :roll: :wink:
Tommy

This is extremely interesting. Ibanez seems to be taking ideas from people here and at Jemsite. Two guys at Jemsite had their ideas stolen for the new JEM20, too!
resha

It's normal for any factory to have some people feedback...

And maybe two people can have the same idea, no?!

If you think you deserve something Al, try getting in contact with them.

... or talk with your lawyer :roll:

:)
guyver_dio

You can't do a single thing if you didn't copywrite this design. You can't legally justify that it's yours nor would you get anywhere by contacting them. You'll just have to face that you've lost the design but fuck em, make it yourself anyway, they don't have to know, not like you said you're going to sell it :wink:

I'd take this as a lesson learned and be more discreet with personal designs or if you think you have something you feel strongly about and your own unique design, why not get it copywrited.
SPQR

Al write them a letter to explain your concept, also would you have any powers in the copyright field i do not know if your case would be strong enough i would try
Ant711UK

I'd forget trying to sue them or anything daft like that. Just take it as a compliment that they thought your design was cool enough to put on one of their guitars. You know it's your idea and so do we now. I doubt you would have been looking to spend loads of money turning your design into a production model. If you like RG's, drop them a line and let them know what's happened. They may do you a deal on one you never know. That way you get to own the design you wanted but on an RG and not a V.

Tony
al

eh i was only jokin about the sueing thing! ..or was I :twisted: ... im just freaked out that it was the same thing... aparently he had it before i had the idea lol,

which i did about 2 years ago, did he have it then???

as for copywriting, isnt it the fact that i actually made ot of my creative mind make it mine? you dont have to legally get it recognised, i rember reading something about this involving music too and the likes...

also, i am left handed :| i dont think they'd make a leftie one...
another virtuoso

guyver_dio wrote:You can't do a single thing if you didn't copywrite this design. You can't legally justify that it's yours nor would you get anywhere by contacting them. You'll just have to face that you've lost the design but fuck em, make it yourself anyway, they don't have to know, not like you said you're going to sell it :wink:

I'd take this as a lesson learned and be more discreet with personal designs or if you think you have something you feel strongly about and your own unique design, why not get it copywrited.
pretty much.

thats a shame though. if you made the disign up 2 years ago and you didnt make it, were you ever planning on really going through with it anyway?
al

yes definitly, the guitar spells my name!!! how cools thats... i just needed the $$$ Its a pricey thing to get a fully custom geetar.. but if the other one was out ages ago, then what the heck! it was out before mine but still didnt know
SPQR

well its freakish alright hope you be kool with it :o
another virtuoso

think on it for a while, you'll come across an inlay idea you like even more.
good luck with the project.
vaiisgod8

I dont know its the same fretboard inlay for sure but I dont see a big deal about it. You are not making them to mass produce for sale you were just making 1 for yourself so whats the issue. Maybe they got the idea from you or maybe they figured it out on their own but who cares either way. They are making V's this year as well just look at it this way they didnt copy the whole guitar. People copy each other all the time or pieces of an idea at least and as a musican we have all done it so I would look at it as your idea was good enough to be copied and be happy with that. Rock on!! and live and let live
Big Bad Bill

I know of a luhtier in the UK who's been using fretboard markers like that for years!