Fender Flat Head Showmaster

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
miker

Exactly. Don't use a pick up that masks your individuality -- I think EMG's make everybody sound the same, mebbe that's just me. Make the best of the equipment you got... with practice you can make almost anything sound good. Save up for the good shit in the long run. That's about it. yah.
bluesbreaker

Never used EMG myself, so dunno.................
But Dave Gilmour uses them in his Strat. He doesn't sound that red-hot, does he?
NantucketSleighrider

bluesbreaker wrote:Never used EMG myself, so dunno.................
But Dave Gilmour uses them in his Strat. He doesn't sound that red-hot, does he?
Gilmour uses to many effects though, the sound of his pickups are masked. He has a great tone though.
bluesbreaker

OK, got it.
By the way, since we are talking about Fender Showmasters here, how about the other showmaster series? There are mainly 2 kinds out there, one with normal 22 frets and other with 24 frets. the latter one highly resembles the ibanez RG, but with wilkinson trem. I don't remember the exact model names, but as far as I know the 22-fret series is MIA and the 24-fret one are MIK. Both series sport SD p-ups though.
Any comments on those?
Ironman

they look nice but never played one myself i believe they do have the duncans as well.
MeanGene
Newcomer

I think this guitar is pretty nice, myself...
Ironman

that is the one i am looking at right now only in black and that is the tele version there is another to the showmaster which has a strat kinda look here is a pic.Same guitar different style body same pickups emg 81 and 60 combo in both they retail for 1600 to 1800 though :?

would love to see pics of the one you just posted in black but i looked everywhere for pic of the black tele and no luck for me.